sleeping arrangements

idfk

stiles had spent all his time in the training room recently and the bags under this eyes had only accumulated into a darker shade of black. most of the werewolf's would have to hold their noses when they walked past him due to the intense smell of exhaustion present on the man. derek looked similar to stiles and so the two often were in the same room together, so used to the smell of tiredness they grew accustomed to it.

the rest of the pack decided to intervene after another week. an emergency pack meeting was called and they waited for the two sleepy members to arrive.

"how do we even go about this? he's our alpha he's gonna loose his mind if we say anything to him"
isaac asked in hushed tones to scott, as if in fear that derek would loom over his shoulder.

"derek cares about stiles' health and stiles will be too stubborn to fix his sleep if derek won't. we will barely have to say anything okay? just watch"

scott assured him. confident with his plan.

the two walked in one after another and took a seat. derek looked irritated but that was the usual for him.

"so what's this about? i got shit to do guys"

stiles muttered. he blinked and it looked like he manually had to remind himself of the action.

scott cleared his throat and ignored the gaze of derek.

"stiles you need to sleep, it's insane, not only do you reek of exhaustion but we need you to be alert and it's for your health"

scott explained slowly. stiles scoffed and muttered under his breath.

"i have been sleeping there's no need for a intervention"

derek quirked his eyebrow in disagreement at the comment.

"how many hours of sleep are you getting?"

silence

"8 hours"
stiles muttered

"a night?"

"in the last three days"

the pack visibly tensed, that was unhealthy they all knew that, scott thought back to a previous conversation with him, stiles had mentioned that he had insomnia. suddenly his plan didn't seem all too foolproof. stiles picked up on their vibe and rolled his eyes.

"like dereks any better, if anything he's worse"

derek growled low
"this isn't about me"

there was another beat of silence before isaac piped up. he tentatively and quietly spoke.

"actually it's about both of you"

isaac grimaced as he waited for a response. stiles wore a smug grin while derek shot arrows in isaac's direction.

"well if i had a room i would sleep more wouldn't i?"

derek snapped avertjnv his attention from the nervous beta into stiles. he glared pointedly at the werefox. stiles' eyebrows furrowed.

"what have i got to do with your bad sleeping arrangements"

the room fell into an uncomfortable silence. then scott quietly mentioned.

"stiles, the room your in is dereks, he let you stay there"

that was a punch to the face. quite a key piece of information then never felt like sharing. stiles swallowed. how come no-one ever told him this? now he felt awful and like an asshole.  after a few moments he stood up and headed for the door evidently sick of the deafening silence encasing the room, he glanced over his shoulder and muttered.