free time, fuck.

it was 10am and stiles was perched on the sofa with a cup of coffee and a mythical book. he was content in his world until someone ripped it out his hands.

his eyes snapped up to meet malias. he squinted at her in mock anger. she just stuck her tongue out and threw the book over her shoulder.

stiles gaped- that was no way to treat a book. she wore a massive grin at his reaction and sat next to him. still smiling from ear to ear.

"guess what we're doing today?"

"smoking?"

stiles asked nonchalantly as he picked at crumbs on the table. she shook her head and announced loudly

"we're going shopping!"

she wrapped him in a hug as stiles just sat there. he blinked.

"wait. i'm allowed out?"

she nodded slowly

"well... with me. but still. so go get ready we only get a few hours!"

stiles managed a weak smiles before scrambling out his chair- almost knocking his coffee over in the process and tumbling to his room.

when he entered his eyes instantly fell on derek who was sat on his bed reading a book. stiles practically leapt into his arms. happiness radiating off him in waves.  derek was not expecting this in the slightest and tensed. this was very unlike stiles.

"thank you so much. i promise nothing bad will happen"

after a moment derek hugged him back.

"i know nothing will happen. it will be fine"

derek spoke the last few words with as much confidence as he could muster. stiles
nodded enthusiastically then jumped up and went rummaging for a good outfit, he had the trousers shoes and t shirt but he was missing the jumper. he spun around to see if one was lying on his bed that he'd missed.

derek stood in front of him holding one of his own hoodies, it was a soft yellow with an 80's style pattern. derek averted his eyes from the other.

"just so you smell of an alpha"

stiles grinned and threw it on- he thanked derek then ran out to find malia.  on his run down the corridor he slammed into isaac.

"oh sorry stiles. are you allright?"

isaac asked helping him up. stiles beamed at him

"yeah. i'm about to go to the mall"

isaac chuckled.

"well have fun and... your not gonna run, right?"

isaac trailed off with the final words, stiles saw a sad flicker in his eyes. he looked at him dead on- suddenly uncharacteristically serious.

"no. i won't run. don't tell the others but i enjoy their company and if i ran i wouldn't get to see a certain sourwolf again. that would sting"

he held his heart in an exaggerated manner- giddy with excitement. isaac shared a small smile- his trust fully placed on stiles. if stiles said he wouldn't. then he wouldn't. he waved goodbye to the werefox and went to find scott.

time skip to the mall

stiles was clutching three bags from different stores. he held a chocolate milkshake in his other and was staring in awe at all the different things. malia was next to him, their arms were linked as they ambled about the giant building.

"where to now?"

stiles asked with a smile. he had so much fun over the past few hours. malia was brilliant company.