3 - old friends and phone calls

1.8 - SAVE ME

"WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?" Matilda asked as she walked into Merediths room to see Derek putting on his shirt. Matilda had been living at Merediths for a few weeks with Izzie and George and apart from the occasional argument with Izzie it was going pretty well.

"What am I not allowed to spend the night?" Derek let out a little chuckle and before Matilda could say anything else Meredith spoke from her spot on the bed.

"Why don't we stay at your house tonight." She suggested and Matilda let out a snort just as Derek hit her, signalling for her to shut up.

"Why did you laugh? He does have a house doesn't he?"

"I'm not laughing at anything." Matilda replied as her body slightly shook from her quiet giggles. Derek hit her in the stomach this time, "Yes! He does have a house don't worry you aren't dating a homeless man." She finished with a bright smile as she walked out of the room and the couple followed her.

The group of three walked downstairs to the kitchen where Izzie was baking another batch of  cupcakes and George was eating them, "Do you guys want cupcake? they're really good." George said with his mouth full.

"No thanks" Derek and Matilda said at the same time. 

"Im going to the hospital early. Anyone wan a ride?" The Brunette asked and the fellow surgeons shook their heads. She grabbed her keys and coat off their hooks and made her way to Seattle Grace. 

As the walked into the hospital and towards the coffee cart, she thought she spotted a familiar face but shook it off quickly. Nobody from New York knows where you are calm down. 

She got rid of her bad feeling, grabbed her coffee and began walking to the elevator when a familiar voice made her heart drop. "Wow... your hair look good when it's long Tilly" The person said and Matilda couldn't bare to turn around and face them.

"What are you doing here Addison." She said before turning around to face the redhead.

"I thought I would just find Derek here but finding you here to just makes my life so much easier."

"You need to leave. Right now." Matilda spoke stepping closer to Addison so that their conversation wasn't heard by anyone. 

"I just want to talk...to both of you."

"No you don't. You just want to ruin everything. Look, I am finally happy again here and so is Derek so we don't need you here to ruin it for us. Addison, you need to leave before he gets here. You know what? Just Leave Seattle or I swear to god..."

"You swear to god what? What will you do if I don't leave? You know Mark has called you everyday-"

"This is not about Mark right now!" She spoke loudly and could suddenly feel the eyes of all the people around on her. She began to speak again but a little bit quieter, "This is about you and Derek and how you will ruin his life by just being here. You can do whatever you want to my life but please don't do anything to Derek's." 

"Fine. But Mark wanted me to give you this." She said as she handed her a folded up piece of paper. Matilda looked at the paper in her ex best friend's hand and hesitated for a moment. Did she want to know what was inside?  She ended up taking the paper and putting it in her pocket.

"Ok Addison you really need to go." She said firmly and Addison nodded as she turned around and walked away.

Once Addisons back was facing her, Matilda felt like she couldn't breathe. If Derek came with her this morning Addison would have ruined everything for him and Meredith. Matilda walked fast through the hospital not even noticing that Alex and Dr Bailey had called her name a few times. She finally found a storage closet and pulled herself inside of it.