7 - happy thanksgiving

2.9 THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES

MATILDA JOLTED AWAKE WHEN SHE HEARD A YELP FROM THE PERSON IN BED NEXT TO HER.  "What Alex?" She said as he turned to him to see him having a semi-freak out.

"Oh god did we?"

"No. Absolutely not. I haven't hit rock bottom yet, Karev. You were drunk at Joe's and I took you here before you gave another person syphilis."

"Ha Ha very funny."

"It was actually since you got rejected so many times, I decided to put those poor girls out of their misery."

Before Alex could shoot back a response the house was filled with men yelling and stomping up the stairs, "O'Malley! O'Malley! O'Malley! O'Malley!"

And the two were shocked when the door slammed open to reveal three grown men that were obviously looking for George. "Oh, you're not Georgie." The older man said awkwardly, "This looks intimate." Another spoke.

"It's not!" Alex and Matilda shouted at the same time as the three men backed out of the room. The female intern put her head in her hands with embarrassment. "Happy Thanksgiving." The older man smiled as he closed the door behind him. 

"Happy Thanksgiving Tills."

"You too, Karev," she said as she got up the gather her clothes.

"Where are you going?"

"Hospital. Izzie wants to host a thanksgiving dinner thing and there is no way in hell I'm staying with her to watch her burn a turkey."

"I thought you could cook."

"Oh I can but Izzie has made it her mission to prove that she's good at something other than baking and sutures so I'm not gonna get in her way." Alex chuckled while Matilda spoke as she took off her hoodie. "Alex!" she said as she was met with Alex staring at her while she stood there only wearing some pyjama shorts and a bra.

"What." he smiled.

"You are not watching me change. Get out." She said as she threw a pillow at the man who was now leaving her bedroom.

"Nice boobs, Lukov." He called out before closing the door. Once he turned around he was met with the three men from earlier and George who was giving him a confused and uncomfortable look along with his brother and father. Alex just moved past them and quickly went downstairs and through the door.

Once Matilda got to the hospital, she saw Meredith sitting in the intern locker and tying her shoes. "What are you doing here?" 

"Could ask you the same thing Mer," she smirked as Dr Bailey walked into the room.

"Alright, Lukov and Grey, thank you both for volunteering. We'll be working with a temp attending today. Dr Kent... He's subbing in from Mercy West so we need to get him orientated." The two interns started following their Resident, "You lot not fans of thanksgiving?"

"Nope." The brunette lightly scoffed.

"Not a whole lot to be thankful for." The blonde said and Matilda looked at her friend.