11- tick tick boom

2.16 - IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD

MEREDITH GREY WOKE UP WITH A BAD FEELING. Meaning that Matilda was to be woken up by Cristina leaving her extremely confused. "What are you doing here?" She asked the woman groggily.

"Mer has a bad feeling." This was all she needed to say as Matilda woke up completely and walked down the hall to Meredith's room where she could already hear Izzie and George trying to get her up.

"look remember the last time someone woke up with a bad feeling?" she said pointing to herself, "I think we should just let her stay home."

"See Tilly gets it."

"No Tilly doesn't get it." Izzie shot back with a glare towards the girl who had just walked into the room.

"Alright, you two just get out," Cristina says motioning to George and Izzie who shut the door behind them.

"What kind of feeling is this exactly?"

"Like I might die."

"Today? Tomorrow? In 50 years? We're all going to die eventually. Now we're late! Let's go!" Cristina said as she threw the covers off the girl.

"Okay no. Cristina sit down and be supportive with me." Matilda says as they both sit back down on the bed.

"Go on... Were being supportive."

" Ok. The man I love has a wife and then he chooses her over me. And that wife takes my dog...Okay, she didn't take the dog, I gave it to her, but I didn't mean to give it to her, I meant to give it to him—but that does not change the fact that she's got my McDreamy. And my McDog. She's got my McLife! And what have I got? You know, I can't remember the last time we kissed. 'Cause you never think the last time is the last time, you think there'll be more. You think you have forever, but you don't. Plus, my conditioner decided to stop working and I think I have brittle bones. I just-I just need something to happen. I need a sign that things are gonna change. I need a reason to go on. I need some hope. And in the absence of hope, I need to stay in bed and feel like I might die today."

"Whatever - everybody has problems. Now get your ass out of bed and get to work. NOW! Move! Move! Move!" Cristina says as she jumps on top of the bed and kicks Meredith up and out of her room.

"Next time if I want someone whos actually supportive just call Matilda." The blonde said to George and Izzie as they stood outside the door.

Suddenly, Matilda's phone buzzes, "Crap I'm late!" She shouts as she runs back to her room and changed her clothes.

"What are you late for? You have the morning off." Meredith asks as she follows the brunette into her room.

"I have a Coffee date. See you at work." She says as she grabs her keys and runs out of the house.

The group of interns minus Matilda do their morning rounds and then go to the nurses' station to continue their charts when they are approached by Jacob Lukov.

"Hey devil interns, where is my devil sister?" He asked as he leaned against the counter.

"What? Do you not talk to her or something?" Cristina scoffed.