4 - the truth comes out...kind of

2.1 - RAINDROPS KEEP FALLING ON MY HEAD

"YOU BITCH. WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING BACK HERE?" Matilda said as she spotted Derek standing with Addison in the lobby.

"She's already been here? Why didn't you tell me?" Derek asked as his friend finally reached the couple.

"Yes. I didn't tell you because I thought that she would actually leave and our problems would go with her." She sighed. Derek ignored her for the moment and turned back to Addison.

"What are you doing here?"

"What are you doing here?" She said while motioning to the two brunettes. "You both just pick up and leave everything? Your house, your practice, your friends, your goddamn surgical residency? You had a life in Manhattan."

"Had." Both of them said at the same time.

"And now you have a girlfriend in Seattle. She seems sweet."

"The ice you're on. Thin."

"She's young. That whole wide-eyed, ooh he's-a-brain-surgeon thing happening, but still sweet. Which was what you were going for, right? The anti-Addison?"

"Can you just shut up and tell us why you're here?"

"Aww little Tilly has grown up." She cooed at her and Matilda sent her a scowl.

"If you came out here to try and win me back, forget about it."

"I did. I flew all the way across the country to reminisce over wedding photos, get drunk, fall into bed, and make you realize you can't live without me. Relax. Derek, I'm here for work. I'm helping the TTTS case you guys admitted last week and from Richard's briefing, I should be"

"Richard, he knew you were coming out here?"

"Did you guys not know? He asked me to come." she smirked and the two brunettes didn't have much to say.

"I need to get going but I'll see you both tomorrow." She gave them a smile and put her handbag over her shoulder as she walked out of the building. Once she was away from them, Derek turned to her.

"You knew she came here and you didn't say anything?"

"I-"

"When was she here Matilda?" he asked sternly.

"Yesterday morning."

"And I wasn't told because?"

"Because I thought I handled it, okay? I thought that I really talked some sense into her and that she would leave Seattle. I was trying to protect you Der."

"Well don't." He said before walking away.

The girl sighed as she began to walk to her car. She couldn't go to Merediths, she couldn't go to Dereks so she turned back around and walked until she got to an on call room. As soon a her head had hit the pillow, she passed right out.

She woke up the next morning still ridden with guilt and thought that the best thing to get her mind off it was work. After changing into some scrubs and walking to the nurses station to see what she could do to help, she heard the news that Joe was in the hospital and that Derek was looking to do a Standstill operation. But before she could look for Derek she was paged to the chiefs office so that was where she went.

As she reached the office, she saw Meredith walking towards the door as well. "Mer, when you are ready I would like to explain."

"Maybe another time Tilly." she blew her off.