13 - babysitting

2.20 - BAND-AID COVERS THE BULLET HOLE

MATILDA STARED AT MEREDITH WITH A SLACK JAW WHILE SHE FILLED HER IN ON WHAT HAD HAPPENED RECENTLY. The Brunette intern had been so busy with work that she had barely seen her friends and now that she was caught up, it had hit her like a train. 

"He's in love with you? You cried? He tried to have sex with you?" 

"I think so. Yes and I'm not entirely sure but now he's gone and living with Burke"

"You cried?"

"Yes Tilly, I cried. Can we move on?" 

"Yes but well come back to that." She said as Matilda sipped on her coffee. The two sat at the kitchen bench, having a few hours until they needed to go into the hospital, both not being able to sleep with their unorganised sleep schedules but that was the intern life they had dreamed about years ago.

A knock on the door woke the girls up a little more and Matilda got up before Meredith, heading towards the door where she found Derek standing there with Doc.

"What are you doing here!?" she said excitedly as she pulled the dog into her arms and cuddled him, letting the fur ball lick all over her face.

"Do you know how unsanitary that is?" Derek asked her with a confused yet disgusted smile.

"Yes, but he is just so cute," she said in a babying voice, not even turning her attention to Derek. Although Matilda was at work too much to spend time with Doc, she didn't realise how much she would miss him when he went away with Derek and Addie.

"Are you ready?" Derek called out into the house, finally catching Matiildas attention.

"Ready?"

"Meredith and I are taking Doc for a walk."

"Why?"

"Because that's a thing friends do, Tilly," Meredith said as she walked out to the doorway with a pair of sneakers.

"Yes, totally. I do this with all of my friends." She said but the two ignored her sarcasm and nodded.

"We should get going, see you later Til," Derek said and he and Meredith left the house, leaving Matilda sitting on the hallway floor.

After deciding to get a lift with her brother and go in to work early, Matilda and Jacob Lukov waited at the coffee cart. Their small talk along with casual sibling banter was interrupted by Cristina coming up from behind them.

"He's living in my house Lukovs."

"Why am I involved." The brother mumbled to his sister as he grabbed their coffees and the group started walking.

"Because you just are," Cristina replied.

"Meredith told me this morning before she went on a walk with Derek because that's what friends do."

"Friends do not walk." 

"I go on walks with my friends," Jacob admitted.

"Yes, but that was Europe. We are in America where people aren't normal."

"You can say that again." He said as he looked over at George who was fixing his unevenly cut hair while he looked around the hospital like he was paranoid.

Cristina and Matilda looked over to where he was looking and sighed. 

"Preston says he's got issues."