10 - bad feelings

damn 2 updates in 2 days.... must mean that the insomnias coming back :)

2.15 - BREAK ON THROUGH

MATILDA WOKE UP WITH A BAD FEELING. She barely slept all night, memories from the past suddenly in her mind after all this time along with a sudden case of insomnia. And best of all, it was raining which would normally calm her but due to the memories, only brought more along.

"You need to get up Tilly or I'm coming in," Meredith called from outside the door but Matilda didn't reply causing Meredith to walk into her room and sit on her bed.

"I have a bad feeling." She mumbled tiredly as her face squished against her pillow. 

"Well you are doing a good surgery today so I might just have to steal I from you."  She said as she got right in the brunette's face.

"Fine but I need a coffee." Matilda groaned as she rolled out of bed.

"Yeah we ran out so you're going to need to get one at the hospital," Meredith said as she left the room, "Be downstairs in 5!" She called out and Matilda groaned once more.

The nurses were on strike outside causing the two to walk into the locker rooms later than usual and were met with Alex who was putting his scrub top on, "You're both late."

"She had a bad feeling?" Meredith said as Matilda walked into the room silently.

"A feeling? What kind of Feeling?"

"A shit feeling. This is going to be a shit day." She said as she began to change into her scrubs.

"Shepherds looking for you said something about a case that he wanted you on." He said and Matilda quickly finished getting changed and went to the nurses' station to meet with Derek.

"God you look dead." he chuckled.

"Shut up. I'm too tired for you."

"Too tired for an amazing craniodiaphyseal dysplasia surgery?"

"No! I'm never too tired for brain surgery." She said excitedly but Derek wasn't convinced as she yawned straight after.

"Get a coffee first Tilly. I'll be waiting right here." He said as he patted the tired intern's shoulder and chuckled silently as she walked away. 

After ordering her coffee, she slowly made her way back to the nurses' station to clear her thoughts but the thought of surgery with Derek just caused her to be excited and rush back to her friend with a smile. But, once she got back to the nurses' station she could see her brother and Derek walk swiftly towards something. A gasp left Matilda's mouth as she saw her brother roughly push someone back before Derek punched them in the face. 

Matilda pushed through a group of interns to see what was going on but was frozen in her spot once she saw who had fallen on the floor from the impact. Mark Sloan. 

For Matilda, it felt like time had stopped once she saw him. He hadn't noticed her yet but she knew that Derek and Jacob did from the corner of her eye. Alex held the livid Cardiothoracic Surgeon back as Derek shook off his hand from punching Mark in the face. As her brother approached her and began to lead off and away from Mark, Chief Webber called out from the Stairs, "What the hell is going on here? Dr Lukovs, Derek get in here now! Dr Grey go clean up Dr Sloan."