4○𓂅Mountain Tops.

☁︎☁︎

⚠︎angst ahead)

Toby sat beside Tim, nagging him to keep going, "Come on " Toby teased, "Let's go!" he giggled, getting up, and offering a hand to him. Tim smiled, taking the offer.
Finally, Tim and Toby made it to the Woods, both panting like dogs.

________________

"Now what?" Toby asked, looking up at Tim.
Tim shrugged, Toby quirked an eyebrow as Tim's face turned red and turned his face away from Toby. "Tim?"
Tim didn't respond but instead, he grabbed onto Toby's hand, walking ahead so he didn't see Toby's reaction, yet still heard Toby's giggles. Toby padded along beside Tim, he shivered with anticipation, he hadn't been here in years. Toby used to watch through the gates of the institution, the woods' shadows grew extremely dark at night, he almost thought he could see figures lurking in between the trees, though, he blamed that on his mental disabilities; He was crazy after all.

Both makes came across an abandoned well along with a bench that sat right beside it, pulling Tim towards it, they both sat down. "This place gives me the chills," Tim mumbled, uncomfortably. "Stop being a baby!" Toby teased, nudging him, playfully.
"This place is cool, I missed going here!"
Tim watched, half-Amused at Toby's childlike behaviour, his eyes darted all over the woods, tree to tree.

Tim's heart stopped for a long moment. A note nailed into a tree, he knew exactly was that symbol was; A circle with a cross overlapping it. He never knew what it meant, but he recognised it from the faceless man. "Toby, I think we should leave." Tim spoke, His voice filled with strain and nervousness. "Why?" Toby asked, getting up, and walking deeper into the woods. "I don't like this place," Tim begged. "Why not?" Toby kept walking, Tim slowly walking behind, he heard faint sounds behind him as if something was following, he kept glancing behind as if to catch the unknown face of a stalker. Tim kept quiet as they were met with a tree, a very big tree. The tree had the same symbol as before, but this time it was carved into the centre of the tree. "Kinda sick." Toby mused. Toby stepped closer to the tree, his nose barely touching it and ran his finger through the carved lines. "What do you think it means?" He asked, facing Tim who wore a worried expression, "Nothing good." He took a few steps back, "We shouldn't go further." Tim spoke more sturdy. "Why?" Tim pointed to the higher part of the tree, it wrote 'Uplands border', The way it was written sent shivers down both of the teenagers. "Maybe we should stick to the bench?" Toby turned on his heel, heading back to where they came from. Tim let out a sigh of relief, he didn't want to be met by the faceless man again, he had seen him in his dreams and the dreams definitely took place in these woods, it made Tim's skin crawl.

Toby sat on the bench while Tim stood up, eyes watching the place they had just left, he was scared of it. "Tim, Calm down." Toby's voice made Tim jump, before calming. "It's probably just some dumb Halloween shit." Toby chuckled, "I don't want to go home just yet though." He paused before looking back at Tim. "I don't want to walk all the way back again." He huffed.
Tim let out a frustrated sigh, thinking about the walk. "Fuck." He hissed, "Is it raining?" Toby quirked an eyebrow, looking to the clearing of the woods, it was in fact raining. Both of them sighed and Tim shivered causing Toby to mumble, "Hm?" Tim hummed, now facing Toby. "Do you- Uhm-" Toby spoke shyly, "Do you want my jacket?" Tim smiled, "You should keep it, I'll be fine." He spoke, a small grin on his face, amused by Toby's shyness. "You sure?" he asked. "Yeah, Keep it. It's cuter on you anyway."

The rain grew heavy as they both stepped into the clearing, "Just our luck!" Tim spat, Toby nodded in agreement. They both made their way to the field, Toby's house now in view. The two males walked along beside each other, close enough for heat, well for Tim. Toby stopped, causing Tim to come to a halt. "Hey."
Tim shivered at Toby's tone, it felt sad.
"What's up?" Tim asked. "I- uhm" Toby whispered, turning away from Tim. "N-Nevermind." Toby muttered under his breath and continued walking ahead, Tim still stood, his mind racing. "What is it?" He questioned again, Toby didn't respond and kept walking. Tim caught up with Toby, Grabbing his hand, In retort, Toby smiled and squeezed it tighter.

Toby's house came into view, they both sighed in relief as Toby used his left hand to open the door, not letting go of Tim. Toby walked into the house releasing Tim and crashed onto the couch and let out a tired groan. Tim sat beside him, chuckling. "Tired?" He asked, Toby nodded in retort, closing his eyes, tightly, Tim got up, "Night." He whispered to the now sleeping teen.

________________

Tim reached the top stairs, entered Toby's room and collapsed on the bed, he sighed heavily. He closed his eyes, he wasn't able to take his mind off the symbol, he felt hypnotised by it, he felt afraid before, but he now wanted to go back, he wanted to go past the borders, He wanted to see the faceless man.

________________

Light shined through the room and Toby groaned, he got up off the sofa. "Fuck, I slept on the sofa," Toby muttered, sheepishly. Toby padded up the stairs to meet Tim, who was resting peacefully on the bed. "Tim?" Toby spoke, but he didn't get a response, Toby sighed in frustration. "Tim!" He yelled. Tim squirmed in his sleep, twisting and turning over. "Tim!" Toby whined, Tim's eyes fluttered open, putting on a dull smile.
"What do you want for breakfast?" Toby questioned, a soft smile on his face. "Uhm-" Tim spoke. "I think i'm just going to go on a walk." Tim spoke slowly, Toby's face lit up, "Can I come?" Toby asked. "No, Sorry." Tim spoke, dryly. "I'd rather be alone."
Tim got up and left, leaving Toby by himself. Toby felt like his heart shattered.

'What did I do wrong?'
he thought as he watched Tim leave until he was out of sight.

Toby jumped as the front door slammed shut, he shivered, looking at the floor. He sat on the bed that Tim slept on, facing the window where the warm red sun crept through.

________________