26○𓂅Rainfall.

☁︎☁︎

Toby trudged through the undergrowth of the dark, luminous forest. He was caught off guard as a gust of wind blew heavy, he caught something or someone hidden in the shadows of the trees pushing by and turned to see the bushes to the right shaking as if an unseen force was trying to grab his attention.

He decided to follow. And just as he had thought, the forest seemed to be leading him deeper and deeper into the trees that seemed to be denser as the bushes became brambles, his skin getting caught on some of them as he guided his way through the woodlands.

Pushing through the last part of the hanging lichen, he was faced with a warm tinted opening with lesser trees.
Small lakes ran through, shining as the sun caught light onto them, casting a shimmer onto the lakes.
A soft blanket of moss lay untouched on the forest floor, adding to the tint of green that lit up the atmosphere.
"Woah." he'd whisper to himself in bewilderment as he gazed upon every inch of this dinky place. He felt enfeebled after the walk, though it was worth it, he felt proud of himself for finding such place but in a way, he wasn't the one that found it.

Toby stayed at the place for a while, making sure to give it a final glance before deciding to guide his way back home.

______________________

Day after day the forest seemed to be bringing him to beautiful spots and it made him desolate that he didn't have significant other to bring to the spots. Deciding to sulk somewhere other than his bedroom, he got up and headed for the hall where Tim, Jack and Bloody Painter sat. Toby decided to join them, listening to their conversation.
"Not my fault your stupid!" Tim cried with a smirk. "I'm not stupid, you are!" Jack whined, in retort Tim flipped him off, rolling his eyes. Jack turned to face Toby.
"Anyway, how are you?" Jack asked, taking off his navy mask and placing it beside his arms. Toby didn't seem to catch what Jack was saying, he had seen Jack's face before, many times, in fact, but he never got over how alluring and uncanny his face seemed to be. He just stared.
"Toby-- Toby!" the other spoke, Toby, shook his head, Awakening from his trance.

'What's wrong with me.' He thought.

"You okay, bud?" he raised his arm to run his fingers through Toby's hair. "Yeah, I'm-" Toby faced the large pane window beside them, watching as a bird flew by the scenery, before turning back to Jack. "I'm fine." Jack nodded, though seemed unconvinced by his answer.

"Would you like to go for a walk?" Jack asked, swiftly tilting his head, giving Toby a smile that revealed his fangs. Toby perked up at that, maybe I could show him the spots he had been lured to. He smiled at the thought of that, swiftly getting up from the seat. "Sure!"

Toby watched as Jack threw the case from the sandwich he had bought into the plastic bin and begin walking ahead, as Toby strolled behind.

______________________

Toby stood at the entrance of the forest, Jack by his side, he hadn't told Jack about the whispers and wind that lead him to the spots he had promised to his company.
Though there was no wind, no whispers, no shaking of leaves and bushes. Odd.
He stood by Jack waiting a few more minutes, disguising it as a casual chat before entering, though there still wasn't anything.
'Why now? '
He groaned and just decided to drop it. The two entered the forest with no guide.
"How do you feel about the war?" Jack asked, inclining his head to Toby's.
Not the conversation he wanted to have, especially now that he brought Jack here as a 'crush'.

"I'm a bit on edge about it, I guess." He decided to confess. "Well, Tim's been worried about you," Jack spoke, Facing away. Toby cocked an eyebrow. "He has? Why?" He asked, fazed.
"He thinks you're being put under too much pressure, especially with extra training."
Toby thought about it for a second, 'Tim's worried about me? Weird.'
"I'll talk to him about it later." He smiled, Tim was worried about him, that's sweet.

Pushing through the last shelter of bushes, finally finding the path they had lost. Jack threw his hand to his head before letting out a sigh. "Thank fuck!"
Toby laughed at his small outburst, "I thought we'd be in here forever." For the first time, the forest didn't guide them and the two ended up getting lost in nature.
"Right!" Jack agreed.

Jack said his goodbye as he turned on his heels and headed for the mansion on the horizon, his figure turning dark as it contrasted with the sun.
Toby held the smile but it dropped as soon as he came out of view. He felt utterly Disappointed.
'Why didn't it work? Did I do something wrong, I must of.'
He frowned.

______________________

Picking up his bag he stood beside Tim,
They were finishing their laps around the forest, they were out training and it was growing dark.

Toby caught up with Tim who was way ahead and couched down with his hands on his knees, panting. "Can we take a break?"
He felt fatigued as if he couldn't go any further. "Sure."
They sat at each other's sides, Toby resting his head on his companion.

his head perked up as he heard the faint sounds of trees rusting. There it was, he caught a glance at the small bush rustling in the wind, and the sudden realization came to his head.

'It wasn't Jack, it was Tim. it's was always Tim, how could I be so stupid.'

He pondered around the idea of bringing Tim into the forest before standing up, Tim watching. "Where ya going?" he also got up, wiping away the mud from his trousers.
"I wanna show you something." Toby smiled, offering a hand to Tim, he reached out and took it.

______________________

Toby pushed past the strands of spiderweb that laced the forest trees, both trying hard not to trip on the uneven, patchy floor.

Above them was the soft, hanging lichen that almost hid the shining moon. The part they travelled through seemed to be dormant as if no other residents had come this way. The forest became warm as the sky was now revealed to them, the wet undergrowth littered the mossy ground making it difficult to walk on the floor as it became slippery.
"Where the fuck are we going," Tim asked, chucking as he tried grinding his shoe against a log to pry the mushrooms off.

The forest slowly came to an end as a large field came into sight. A large, lustrous river darted downstream as a wooden bridge arched over. A few trees that had barely grown sat in place with small blackberry bushes growing underneath, enlightened by the sun. Tim gasped.
"Holy shit, wow." He grinned, eyes following the stream as a few petals got pulled by its embrace. "This is beautiful!"
He treaded further into the field, standing onto the bridge and gazing into the shine of light that blanketed the river, even though it was dark, the river seemed to still be cast bright by an unknown source of light.

Toby met his eyes, smiling as he watched Tim look baffled yet bewildered at the luminous sights. A small pebble of rain fell from above, landing with a splash on the bridge. It was raining. The two lifted their heads to a tree covering ahead that could shelter them, both laughing they made their way, sitting beneath the large leafs that protects them from the bullets that were now pouring down. Tim turned to Toby. "Hey, thanks for being my friend. You mean a lot to me." He smiled, wrapping an arm around Toby.

The two cuddled as the air grew tight with a chill, falling asleep in each other's grasp.

_____________________

☁︎☁︎

________________

Idea from /Click below)
Useheadphonesjackass
*ੈ✩‧₊˚