15○𓂅Proxy Exams.

☁︎☁︎

Clockwork and Toby gave each other a worried glance before stepping out of the mansion that casted a large darkened shadow, It sent a shiver down both of them.

Toby gave a swift look up to the Moonlit stars that spread throughout the darkened night sky.
A gentle breeze brushed past them and the tall ferns dragged against there legs, The two let out an audible sigh.
"Are you ready?" Her gentle voice startled him, He thought about it for a second and inclined his head to her, He let his eyes swiftly travel to the grass.

"Yeah, I think."

A simple lie that wouldn't effect either of them.

Clockwork nodded in retort before asking a daring question. "Have you done this before?" She squinted her eyes, Preparing for any sort of firey reaction, He looked up and her "I don't want to answer that." Toby stated, Giving his feet a final glance and looking down at the hill they now had to travel down, Anything to avoid making eye contact.

________________jeff ᳝ ˖ . ֺ ָ ֙⋆

'Raise and swing, Raise and swing,' He whispered to himself, Raising his right arm and swinging it as if he was holding a knife, He let out a sigh he had been suppressing.
He needed to pass this test if he wanted to become a proxy. Being recognised was dream he had ever since he got here.

He was fourteen and had been training for this day since her was only twelve. He admired proxies and what they do. Today was the day of the exams, If he passed her could fufill his dream and he only now had the chance to prove his loyalty and skills. If he fucked it up he'd have to wait another two years to retake the test, though Dr.Smiley thought he was ready.

________________flashback ᳝ ˖ . ֺ ָ ֙⋆

Jeff let out a groan holding his fingers to his temples, "I'm going to fail."
A comforting arm wrapped around his shoulder, "Come on, Your going to be fine, Your going to nail this."
Jeff rolled his eyes, "How can you be so sure?" He asked, He turned his head to Dr.Smiley, "I've seen you during training, Your stance and attacks are perfect, They will love you!"
He let out a reassuring sigh, "And as soon as its over you can tell me how it went."
Jeff always loved how much Dr.Smiley knew exactly what to do to help his patients. He was his therapist and always knew how to reasure him.

During his sessions him and Dr.Smiley grew a certain bond.
Jeff looked up to him, He thought he was an admiring father-Like figure.

________________End

Jeff took a step through the double door to the exam room and was met with an icy chill. Many figures were stood around the room, some in groups and some alone, The figures held books of pervious notes their mentor gave them during training.
A loud thud echoes through the room and head turned to face the noise that traveled through the now whispering room, Murmurs laced the room and Jeff let out a sigh. He swung his head to be met with Ben who swiftly got up, His cheeks red with embarrassment. "Oops!" He cried gripping his head shielding himself from the stares he brought attention to.
Jeff let out a raspy yet nervous laugh, "Just like your first day." He ruffled Ben's hair and turned his eyes back to the others that filled the room, He didn't recognise anyone other than his closest frenemy; Ben.
"Oh hush, I still get nightmares about that." Ben sighed and gave a final roll of the eyes.
"Recognise anyone?" Jeff asked and stepped back so he was standing beside Ben. Jeff had watched as Ben's eyes traveled the room and stopped on Jane.
"Jane and -- Uh, Lyra." Ben spoke. The elf sounded proud with his hands on his hips, he wore a playful smile on his face -- He was happy to finally get something right, He wasn't quite smart.

"Where's Lyra? I don't see her." Jeff asked, Craning his head to every possible corner of the room, Yet he still couldn't spot her. A hand grabbed Jeff's shoulder from behind and he let out a yelp.

"Behind you." Lyra whispered, her hand tightening in grip. Lyra let out a sweet yet evil giggle as she forcefully pushed past Jeff and stood between the two.

"Your so annoying." Jeff mumbled-- Though he knew it was nothing other than a lie, They had a hate, Love friendship,
He still couldn't believe she was the sister of the new guy, Toby. The thought of that made him think, If he saw Lyra as a sister then that would mean he'd have to become buddy, Buddies with the idiot who was for some reason been caught in his pajamas not long ago, Would he be allowed to make fun of that to Lyra or would she be angry?

Wait Lyra wanted to be a proxy, That's dangerous. .

"I didn't know you wanted to be a proxy." Jeff mumbled, Looking at his feet. Jeff hated the idea of the idea of her risking her life being caught by police and never seeing her again,
. . .
He felt the same way with Ben, Totally!

"How did you not know?" Ben's voice laced with satire concern--Of course it was satire.
"She talks about it nearly everyday!" He cried, Gripping Jeff's shoulder.

Jeff thought back on the times he spent with Lyra, Ben was right about her taking every chance to talk about her 'life' long dream. "Hm, Guess your right." Jeff spoke, Ben smirked but it dropped when Jeff ruined his praise. "For once."
Ben rolled his eyes before his lips curved into another smile. "Are you both nervous?" - -

"Of course we are! Are you not?" Jeff hissed before cocking an eyebrow. "Nah, I'm going to win this shit!" He purred, Cracking his knuckles as if he was in some cliché movie.
"Good for you, Ben. Good for you." Lyra rolled her eyes.
She played with the two silc strands of hair that fell effortlessly on each side of her face. "I've revised enough so hopefully I get a spot." She smiled before turning her face to Ben, "Have you revised Ben?" She already knew the answer and the silence confirmed it.
"No." He whispered.

________________