Chapter 2

KETLIN

After what had happened, all students were called to their classes where teachers told them as much as they knew. As Janely said, Mari was found dead in the woods this morning. The believe she has been there from about 3 in the morning. As they didn't find any injuries, they believe it was caused by drugs. But autopsy might say, what really happened. 

I looked around in the room. All 10th grade students were here. Of course everyone were quiet and a bit in a shock. Soon I discovered that Adam wasn't in the room. Maybe he just couldn't come. 

After that students were let home. I left with Sara. 

"I couldn't believe that something like this could happen in our school." I said.  

"Drugs can have some serious consequences. I wonder if how Mari's parents take it. They must be devastated." said Sara. Then it was silent between us. 

We still stood in front of school, leaning on it's cold wall. Students left quietly. Sky was blue and weather was great. Beautiful spring day and nothing directed on the accident that had just happened. If not to count serious faces. 

"I think I'll go now. You come with me?" Sara asked, breaking the silence. But I wasn't in the mood right now. 

"I'll go home. Try to calm down." 

"See ya then." Sara waved and left. Then I also started to go. Luckily our house isn't very far from school. Only fifteen minutes of walk. 

The door was unlocked. I stepped inside. First I went in the living room. 

"Hey mum." I said. Then I saw my granny on the sofa. I didn't know she was going to visit us. 

"Ketlin? You home already?" asked mum when she saw me. 

"Something happened in school?" granny asked, concerned. 

I threw my bag in the corner and sat next to granny. Then I told them what had happened. Mum started asking, if I have something to do with drugs. I had to calm her down and promised that I'm not interested in those toxins. 

Then granny put her tea cup on the table and said with calm, but serious voice: "This is why I came, actually." I stared at her, confused. "I had a feeling that something like this was going to happen." she added. 

Then I remembered that granny can somehow predict future or something. When I was little, I was really amazed by this. 

"You saw that someone in our school was going to die?" I asked. 

Granny raised her tea cup and drank the last drop of it. "Anne, could I have some more?" she asked. 

"Of course." mum answered, took granny's cup and went to kitchen. 

"I sensed danger. I came to say, be careful." 

"Granny, she did drugs. I would never do it." I answered. 

But granny was still serious. "So they think." 

"So, you're saying that what ever killed her, can also danger others?" I asked, suspiciously. Why can't she just say everything out clearly? 

"I'm just asking you to be on your guard. And try not to be alone." she answered. But this answer only confused me more. Mum then came back and put the tea cup on the table, in front of granny. Granny thanked her and drank. I understood that she wasn't going to say any more. I went to my room, to have some rest.

Next day there was school again. Many had some important tests they had to do. I woke up early and went to school slowly. When I reached there, I had about fifteen minutes till class started. Before getting inside, I saw some candles and flowers near the forest. 

There weren't many people in the corridor. I took my stuff from the locker and started going towards physics class. On the stairs I started thinking about what granny told me. I'm sure she knows more than than she told me. Suddenly I tripped and almost fell. But someone caught me. 

"Where are you rushing?" 

This voice was familiar. I stood up and looked at Adam. It had to be him, who caught me? Then I remembered something. 

"Where did you... The corridor was empty." The hallway really was empty. And had been so before. 

"Maybe you just didn't notice me." he answered. 

"Um, thanks. For helping." 

Adam smiled. "And all 10th graders are together at physics today. Some group work and they put us together." 

"Oh, okay then." I tried to smile and went upstairs. He came behind me. 

And as he said, we had class together. In groups, we had some assignments about energy. I must say, that physic is one of the few classes that I more-less completely wasn't good at. There were three more girls and two boys in our group. Janely and Eva were my friends. But they weren't good at it either. 

I thought that the paper is given to me, as always, but Adam took it. And filled everything almost my himself. Others just weren't really smart. And girls were busy staring Adam.  

After that we had to do some experiments, but I can't really describe it. I'm really really bad at physics. Anyway, we had to make some gadget work with energy. Adam managed do to it really fast. But other boys also knew something about it, so he didn't do it alone. But it all made me feel myself really stupid. 

Teacher was amazed by the speed of our group. And as we didn't have anything else to do, we had some free time. About twenty minutes till class ends. Really that fast? 

When we left, Eva and Janely came with me. When we were alone, they started talking about you know who. 

"Can you believe that we could be in the same group with him!" and "He is soo cute and soo smart!" I just walked with them, didn't know what to say. 

Then Eva had an idea about going to the store. To get some snack and just walk in the fresh air. We agreed and then left from school. We started to cross the road, when we heard someone scream in the forest. We all stopped. It was really creepy. 

We looked at each other, then we ran towards the scream. When we reached the forest, we saw something. Someone was lying on the ground. We ran there. We saw a girl from B class. Janely slowly bend down and touched. 

"She's still breathing." Janely said.