Chapter 19

KETLIN

When we made it through the forest, I saw something shining at the sun. Deep black Ferrari. I was speechless when Lucy opened it's door. I hurried and sat in, when Lucy was already behind the wheel. She started the car and drove off.

"I could have taken the necklace off," I remembered now. "We would have gotten here faster."

She looked at me from the corner of her eye. "Lets say, Adam woulnd't be very happy, if I brought you back unconscious or dead."

I was confused. "I thought you can controll it."

"I can usually. But I'm afraid I've seen you too many times already. And considering the fact that I haven't got any energy lately... It's just in case."

For some short minutes we were both silent. Until I broke it again. "But where are we going?"

Then Lucy pulled over, in front of some restaurant or something.

"First you have to eat. Or you'll collapse without my help."

As I wasn't kept as a prisoner anymore, I felt how hungry I was. Lucy said I can order whatever I want and she'll pay. But I wasn't really interested in something special. So I ordered some random meal and apple juice.

When we exited the restaurant, I saw somehow familiar car in the parking lot. And two men standing next to it, talking to each other. I was startled, when I discovered they were two of my guards. When they noticed me, they were also a bit surprised, like they hadn't expected to see me here. Then they started to come closer.

Lucy next to me just smiled at them and kept walking towards her car, I hesitantly behind her. When they saw Lucy, they stopped and looked around. Then I understood. They couldn't do anything to me, because Lucy can hurt them. And they can't do anything to Lucy, as too many people were around. All they could do was to stand there and look helplessly, as we got into car and drove off.

When they saw our car, they looked even more helpless. Still they got in their car and came behind us. But on the highway, Lucy stepped on gas, leaving them far behind us. Soon they disappeared from my sight.

"But they saw our numberplate," I then remembered.

Lucy smiled. "I got this one from another car that looked exactly the same."

I calmed down again, but few things were still disturbing me.

"I don't have to go back again, do I?" I asked quietly.

She didn't answer right away. "I don't think Adam will make you go back. You need to talk about this with him yourself."

This answer didn't satisfy me completely. I really didn't want to return home. But her words made me also happy. That means I will see Adam again. I already knew I will, when I saw Lucy, but hearing his name made me much happier.

Now I didn't have any idea, where Lucy will take me to. From the car window, all I saw was forest and highway and sometimes few houses. Soon it went dark and I got sleepy. From time to time I opened my eyes, still finding myself in that dark car, Lucy still driving. Then I couldn't stay up anymore and fell asleep.

When I woke up, I felt I was laying on a soft bed. I opened my eyes and found myself in a light room, bright sunshine coming from between the curtains.

"Morning, beauty," a voice said from the direction of footboard. A voice that I for a second thought, was my imagination. But then I knew it wasn't.

I hopped up and wrapped my arms around Adam, who sat on the bed.

"I missed you so much," I told him while hugging him tightly. I suddenly remembered my necklace, but Adam didn't seem to be hurt or anything. Then I understood that I didn't have it on anymore.