Chapter 17

KETLIN

My aunt and this other man came to me. I stared at my granny, like asking if she called them.

"Ketlin, we're going to need your blood sample," Siiri told me.

I crossed my arms. "You can't take it by force."

They then looked at each other. Probably they didn't expect I knew about his blood thing. But then this man stepped closer and grabbed my arms. I looked at him in confusion and tried to pull them free. Suddenly there was a snap. He had put me handcuffs.

"What are you doing?" I started to yell.

"You must come with us," Siiri told me and tried to calm me.

I looked at my granny, who avoided my look. I quickly stood up to run out, but before I could even reach the door, this man grabbed me again. He was very strong and no matter how much I tried, I couldn't get free. Siiri opened the door, letting this man carry me out.

"Let me go! You can't do this!" I screamed as loud as I could. And though I was kicking with my legs, he didn't seem to notice it. I was furious at them all.

My mum approached. "What are you doing? What is going on?" She was also confused and startled about all this. Granny, who slowly came behind us, went to talk with mum. But I didn't hear their words. I was taken away.

When he had taken me outside, two more men approached us. To make sure I won't flee. I now thought about neighbours and other people who maybe happen to be near.

"Hey, please! Somebody!..." I yelled clamorously. But then some kind of soft thing was put into my mouth and someone's hand was keeping me from spitting it out. I can't believe, that my own aunt and granny would let it happen. It really wasn't a good idea to come back.

There was a black van in front of our house. It's door was slid open and they pushed me inside cruelly. This sight probably didn't much differ from those action movies, where people are kidnapped from the street.

The back seats were facing each other, like in limousine. Two of the guys sat on both of my sides, the third sat in front of me. Next to him was some woman, who already was there when we came. And now Siiri sat next to the driver. I stared at her furiously.

When car started driving, I spat this thing out from my mouth.

"Where are you taking me?" I demanded, but no one answered. "Do you think I won't run away again, if you're doing this? Do you think I will come back next time?" It was mostly directed at my aunt, because I didn't know the others. She only looked at me shortly from the corner of her eye, but still didn't say anything.

When I understood they won't talk to me, I also decided to remain silent, to spare my energy. I stared at my handcuffs. I was like a criminal.

We pulled over in front of a big white building, which was located away from town. It was surrounded by metal fence. The man next to me grabbed my arm again and pulled me out from the car. I had a small plan of escape, but I wasn't sure if it will work. I walked with them, like I had more or less accepted the situation. And when I thought it was the right moment, I kicked the man on my left in the stomach with my leg. The other one tried to hold me still, but I slapped him in the face with my handcuffs. Then I ran as fast as my legs could carry me.

They of course started to follow me. I almost thought that they won't catch me, but then more people came behind the corner. I saw them at the last moment and didn't manage to escape them. I was pushed against the wall, then someone lifted me over his shoulder, and they took me inside. And this place also reminded me of prison, only I didn't see any cells. They took me to a small room and put me on a chair. A bit later my aunt came in.