Chapter 8

KETLIN

"Adam, what are you doing here?" He stood just a few meters from me.

"I had to be sure you're still fine. And that you haven't told anyone."

"No, I haven't." I tried to remember if I had the necklace with me.

"In that case I must ask you to keep it like this, please. For your own sake."

"People have been killed and my best friend is at the hospital. How could I keep it to myself forever?" He made me a bit angry, but I tried not to show it out. I was still scared of him.

He made a few steps towards me, I backed down. "I understand, but like I said, It's for your own sake. Lucy doesn't really care about much, but she always makes sure that everyone who sees her like this, will be silent forever."

"You're saying that she wants to kill me?" I asked startled.

"I tried to convince her not to, but when the rumors will start to go around, she can try it."

I remembered Kairi. "But Kairi saw something. Is she in danger too?"

"She knows too little. I don't believe anything will happen to her."

Just as I felt the relief, I remembered that I had forgotten about Sara. How did that happen? "But Sara? What will I tell her? I lied that I don't know what had happened."

This seemed to confuse Adam a bit. "Sara saw something?"

"She saw Lucy. And she knows that she did something to her," I said. Adam didn't answer. "Is it bad?" I asked then.

"I didn't know Lucy showed herself to Sara. She didn't mention it. But if Sara has seen her like this, Lucy will go after her sooner or later," told Adam me. And it scared me.

"Is there anything we can do?" I asked with a slight panic.

"If Sara will say at least one word about it, she's gone. If she agrees to stay silent, there will be a small chance for her." He thought for a second. "Something like your necklace might help her. But they're hard to find."

"I could give her mine."

"No, you need to keep it."

"But Lucy is a bigger threat to her than me," I protested.

"Lucy can change her mind."

Silence

"But what should I do then?" I asked finally.

"Call Sara. Tell her not to say a word about anything and that you'll explain later. I will talk to Lucy and keep an eye on her."

"But if Sara doesn't accept this?"

"Let's try. Tomorrow go to school and don't think about it. If anything happens, I'll let you know."

I was about to ask, how will he let me know, cause I hadn't given him my number, but suddenly he just disappeared into thin air. I looked around, but saw nothing. Then I turned around and ran inside.

When in my room, I immediately called Sara. Luckily she answered, though it was late. I told her what I had to, and promised to explain some time later. She had many questions, but luckily was willing to keep quiet.

I was nervous the whole night. When I had to go to sleep, I stayed up in my room and switched on the table lamp. I took out my necklace and had a look at it's broken chain. Yup, it can't be repaired. So I searched through my drawers till I found an old necklace that I hadn't worn for ages. I took the heart and replaced it's broken chain with a new one. The new chain seemed to be strong, at least, and suited the little heart shape. Then I put the necklace on me and went to bed. But I could't help myself from wondering, why did Adam want  to help me and Sara.