Chapter 39: Millicent

A/N: Millicent gets her happy ending. Or is it a happy beginning? Because really, her life is just getting started :P

NOTICE: So I fucked up and accidentally posted Chapter 40 as Chapter 39 yesterday. This is the actual Chapter 39 and has been moved before the actual Chapter 40 to reflect this. 

-x-X-x-

She tackles him to the ground, straddles him... and kisses him furiously. What else CAN she do? Of course, a moment later, her mind catches up with her actions and Millicent is immediately self-conscious. Sure, he's cured her of the rot... but that doesn't mean he wants her to take s-such liberties with him!

Traumatized though she might be from the endless stream of Preserving Boluses that he'd forced her to swallow, Millicent is also eternally grateful. It'd worked... it'd actually worked! She was cured. Not just temporarily made healthy again, like the needle had done, but outright cured. The Scarlet Rot has been torn out at the root. In fact, that had taken place about an hour ago. The final hour of boluses had been to make sure the last of it left her system, inoculating her against the rot until it could all wash away into the stream of running water and leave them behind.

Still, that doesn't give her the right to just... assault her Tarnished in this way. He'd saved her, and this was how she repaid him? Blushing furiously, the red head rears back, moving to climb off of him and let her savior up.

"S-Sorry. I-!"

Her attempt at profuse apologizing is cut off, subsequently, by two things. One, his hands fall upon her hips and hold her steady, leaving her still straddling his body, kneeling on either side of his waist. Their crotches scandalously rub together, even if there is armor and leather and cloth all between their skin.

Two, he catches her with his eyes, and Millicent's voice catches in her throat as she sees the fond, approving smile on his face. She knows in that moment... he doesn't mind one bit. More than that, he's as happy for her as she is. He's thrilled, just as she's thrilled. He shares her ecstasy with her.

... Millicent rapidly reverses course yet again. Rather than try to pull away, rather than try to apologize, she surges forward and plants her lips upon the Tarnished's lips once more. This time around, she doesn't lock up and freeze either. She kisses him harshly, only for the kiss to rapidly turn into something more meaningful, something almost soft, but also deep and passionate.

One of his hands comes up and takes hold of her ponytail, and he's kissing her back. She doesn't mind. It's only right that he control the tempo, just as he's controlled everything else. This man... this Tarnished had come into her life like a whirlwind, upending everything she'd known and dragging her into the adventure of a lifetime without even so much as a 'by your leave'.

When you put it like that, one might think Millicent had cause to be upset, that she had grievances to redress with this Tarnished. But that couldn't be further from the truth. He was her savior. He was her everything. The Lands Between were a harsh and unforgiving place. The sort of place where you could be forced to kill your own sisters, and the very next moment find yourself about to make love to the man who helped you do it.

Millicent does freeze up then, as that seemingly innocuous, stray thought crosses her mind. Was she about to make love to her Tarnished? Was that what was about to happen? Her eyes open wide, and she stares into his own for a moment as their lips remain locked together. Then... the one-armed swordswoman bursts into motion once more.

She can't stop herself. In a frenzied, fast-paced bit of mania, she works off the Tarnished's armor, removing her own garments at the same time. She needs to be naked; she needs HIM to be naked as well. She wants him inside of her so badly that it hurts, that she just might die if she doesn't get it. The overwhelming amount of Preserving Boluses might have been the cure, but he... he would be her continuing remedy to all the other things that ailed her.