Bonus Chapter #2: The Wedding Pt. 1

A/N: Alrighty, first half of the two-part wedding scenes. A much happier bonus chapter... and told from the perspective of someone who's NOT a waifu?! First male POV in this entire fic goes to Turtle Pope I guess!

-x-X-x-

He hears them, before he actually sees them. Trouping up the hill together, making their way to his Church of Vows. Ah, it's been a while since he had guests, hasn't it? Certainly, the Church had long been a neglected house of worship, unfortunately. He just wasn't as young and spry as he used to be.

Still, if nothing else, Miriel, Pastor of Vows, could be a good host. And so, as they enter the Church properly, the old wizened turtle raises his head, atop which sits his ever-present mitre. He opens his mouth to welcome the visitors, only to stop as a young demi-human monkey clears his throat and overrides him.

"PRESENTING THE FOLLOWING! Lady Fia, the Deathbed Companion!"

Through the door steps a softly smiling woman clad in an all-black dress. If Miriel didn't know any better, he would say her dress was meant for a wedding ceremony. But it was the wrong color, surely? Even if it did have the veil and the train and everything. Ah, but she's not the only one to walk in.

"Lady Zorayas, of Mt. Gelmir!"

Oh, that Volcanic Region? Oh... oh dear, this was interesting. The tall Snake-like woman that steps through takes Miriel aback just a bit. She too is wearing something akin to a wedding dress but done up in all forest green tones. She's also very much not human, but then neither is he, so who is he to judge, right?

"Lady Millicent, the Tarnished Blade!"

The next to step through into the Church is a red haired woman wearing a red wedding dress. Her golden arm, an obvious prosthetic, goes quite well with the color, not clashing in the least. She looks somewhat unsure of herself though, as if she's unused to wearing a dress, and more than that, unused to NOT wearing a sword.

"Lady Roderika, the Spirit-Tuner!"

The next one through is wearing something a bit closer to a normal wedding dress. Still not the pure white that Miriel would be expecting, but instead something of a cream-colored outfit. Still, it too has the veil and the train. Taken together with the previous three, she seems to be here for a wedding.

They're ALL here for a wedding, are they? How... intriguing. It's been a long time, since Miriel presided over such a ceremony. He quickly begins rummaging through his memory for the right words to say.

"Lady Nepheli Loux of Limgrave, and Lady Irina of Castle Morne!"

This time through, there are two women. The reason why becomes immediately apparent. One of them is clearly blind, being helped along by the other. The blind woman wears a salmon, pinkish colored wedding dress... while the final woman, dark of skin and strong of body, is clad in the customary pure white for her own dress. Miriel immediately marks the first as Lady Irina, and the latter as Lady Nepheli.

After all, even as remote as his Church is, Miriel has heard the rumblings. The Paster of Vows has heard tell of it all, the goings on of the Lands Between. They had a new Lady in Limgrave... and a new Elden Lord upon the Elden Throne.

"And finally, it is my privilege to present his Grace, the Tarnished Lord!"

Miriel's wizened eyes widen as a man that positively radiates power steps into his Church. He's dressed in official-looking clothing, as he steps forward to meet with the six brides the demi-human has already announced. He doesn't look entirely comfortable in his current outfit, but then, neither do half of his brides. And yet, they're here... and they're looking at him expectantly.