FORTY-TWO

imessages
kai✌

thea🤍
my flight is today🙈

kai✌
OMG
how are you feeling?

thea🤍
ngl, really nervous.
im going to miss being
in aachen

kai✌
:((
it will all be okay,
i promise
kai✌
which airport are you
landing at?

thea🤍
uhh heathrow i think

kai✌
do you need me to
pick you up??

thea🤍
noo its okay, i don't
want to bother you. i
will just get a taxi.
its fine :)

kai✌
okay only if
you're sure

thea🤍
i am!!
anyway ive got to
finish packing now,
i'll speak to you later

kai✌
alright then.
have a save flight!!
and message me when
you land

thea🤍
i will and thank
you <33
seen 1:07pm

----------

"i feel like i'm forgetting something."

thea rubbed her tried, trying to remember any last items, while she packed her suitcases.

"clothes and shoes?" heidi spoke.

"check."

"toiletries?"

"check."

"accessories."

"check."

"school equipment?"

"check."

"bedroom decor?"

"check."

"see T, its fine, you have everything," the blonde reassured her best friend.

thea sighed, sitting down on her bed, heidi sitting down next to her.

"i haven't even left and i already miss you guys," thea admitted.

heidi's eyes softened as she pulled thea into a tight hug. the brunette hugged her back, resting her chin on her shoulder.

"ready to go, girls?" thea's dad asked, popping his head round the door. he - as well as heidi - had decided to drop thea to the airport and say their goodbyes there.

"yes," thea smiled weakly, dreading going to the airport.

"i'll wait in the car," he spoke, grabbing thea's last suitcase and taking it to the car.

----------

the three germans say in silence in the parking lot of the merzbrück airport, neither knowing what to say.

"i'll uh- get the bags," thea's dad finally spoke. he exited the car, opening the boot, leaving heidi and thea in the backseat.

"come on, let's go," heidi mumbled, unbuckling her own seat belt and getting out.

each of the three held one of thea's suitcases which were filled to the brim. they reached the entrance where a security guard stood.
he nodded at them as they entered the large building.

they paused outside security, knowing this is where they would have to depart ways. thea's dad stood back, letting his daughter say goodbye to her best friend first.

the two german girls pulled each other into a tight hug, neither wanting to let go of each other.

"don't forget about me," heidi choked out.

"i could never," thea chuckled lightly, tears trickling down her cheeks.

"even with you're new super cool, uni friends?" heidi murmured.

"you will still be my number 1, didi."

the blonde nodded, stepping back, giving thea's hand one last squeeze before walking back so thea could speak to her dad.

no words had to be exchanged between the two. he cupped her left cheek in his hand, pressing a kiss to her forehead.

"she would be so proud of you thea."

the young girl just nodded, her eyes brimming with tears again. she cleared her throat, taking a deep breath.

"i-i'll see you soon," she faltered, "well at some point..."

her dad just smiled at her painfully. he glanced at the clock, seeing that there was now only 2 hours before thea's flight departed.

"you better get going."

the brunette nodded, pressing her lips into a thin line. "group hug?"

thea pulled her dad and best friend - the two most important people in her life at the moment - into one last hug.

"ich liebe dich."

"ich liebe dich auch," they chorused back.

and with that, thea walked away, not giving them a second glance, knowing that if she did, there was no way in hell that she was getting on that plane.

JUNO'S NOTES
posting at a later time
today cos i literally only
wrote the chapter like now.

kinda disappointed in how
it ended up as i could have
put more effort into it, but i
hope you enjoy it still <3