FIFTY-THREE

"okay hang on i'm putting you on speaker."

thea placed her phone down on the grassy floor as she rummaged around in her bag for her airpods. she was currently sitting outside on the green, on the phone to christian and a few other of the chelsea boys.

"okie dokie," she heard ben say in the background.

the brunette didn't have a lecture until the end of the day, so decided to soak up the sun while chatting to the boys. initially she wanted to get some work done, but that plan flopped as soon as she saw the "captain america is calling" pop up on her screen.

"okay found my airpods, give me a second," thea spoke, squinting at the glare of the sun on her phone. with a small beep, they connected to her phone.

"okay they're connected. you can talk as much shit as you want now."

"thanks T- wait hey-" christian began before getting cut off.

"are there any fit girls at your uni?"

"billy!

"billy common man."

"bro..."

thea snickered at the scottish boy's comment and the responses from the other boys.

"ignore him, how's your first week of uni been?" she heard a spanish accented voice ask.

"its been great kepa, thank you so much for asking," thea responded, exaggerating a little.

"okay fine, i take back what i said," billy whined.

she then heard a new voice in the background. "who are you on the phone to?"

"thea," christian said to the british boy she recognised to be mason.

they were some rustling and a thud, followed by a string of curse words in german.

"uh- everything okay over there?" thea asked, half wincing, half laughing.

"mason just fell onto timo-" ben burst out in laughter, "someone was a bit too excited to speak to you."

thea chuckled loudly, before slapping a hand onto her mouth, knowing people would be looking at her strangely for bursting into a fit of laughter.

"oi pass me the phone-"

there was a bit more shuffling before the heard mason on the other end. "hello mate! you alright?"

"i'm good!" thea smiled back, before adding, "but timo clearly isn't."

a few of the boys snickered and she heard a german voice in the background.

"that was an accident!" mason insisted.

"don't get your trousers in a knot...or whatever the silly saying is,"thea spoke, before trailing off.

mason snickered. "it's actually panties in a twist mate!"

stupid british boys with their stupid british slang, thea thought, rolling her eyes.

"anyway, how was training?" she asked, something she had already asked christian when she picked up the phone.

"chilly face planted!".

that was chris' voice.

"timo kicked a ball into my face."

that was most defenitely kepa.

"cal kicked my shin instead of the football!"

thea rolled her eyes at the bunch of lunatics, on the other end of the line. "well...that defenitely seems entertaining. i'm surprised frank isn't tired of you yet."

"yeah we'll be the reson he quits," ben joked, causing the other boys to snicker.

"wer ist es?"

thea's ears perked up at the new german voice, obviously belonging to one specifc brunette man.

"thea!" she heard timo respond.

"hallo!

for no reason, the german girl felt herself blushing, squeaking out a "hi!"

there was a small beat of silence, nobody knowing how to carry on the conversation.

"hey thea!"

the german looked up to the right to see elaine, smiling and walking over to her. over the past week, they had become acquainted and got along really well - which wasn't a surprise as they were both obsessed with cooking and baking.

like thea, elaine was 19 and had missed a year, but unlike thea, it was because she had gone on a gap year to travel with her friends. thea learned that the redhead had done an interrail trip in europe for 2 months, before spending winter and spring in USA and canada with some family friends.

"who's that?"

"is she fit?"

"shut up," thea rolled her eyes.

the redhead, now right in front of her, frowned, causing thea's eyes to widen, realising she probably thought thea was speaking to her.

"i wasn't telling you to shut up-" thea rushed out, watching elaine ease, "i was telling this idiot on the phone to keep his big mouth shut. well.....one of the idiots im on the phone to-"

"hey-"

"that's a violation man."

"uncalled for."

"screw you-"

thea took out one airpod to hear what elaine was saying. "i was wondering if you wanted to grab lunch and do a bit of shopping - or window shopping because we're both broke right now - before our lecture,"

without hesitation, thea nodded, "yeah that sounds great. just give me one minute!"

elaine smiled happily and stood to the side.

"okay guys i'm gonna have to go now-"

"what!"

"nooo."

"why?"

"we barely even got to speak to you-"

"message me later, yeah?"

"no fair! you spoke to christian the most."

"well that's because i actually called her dude-"

"jeez, calm down, i'll message in the groupchat later," thea scoffed but was secretly loving the attention, "you'll live without me."

"mason won't-"

"hey!" the boy in question, spoke up, before slapping benjamin on the shoulder.

"okay i'm ending the call now, you can fight while i'm gone. i'll message you later kai! bye guys - bye chris!"

"bye thea, speak to you later!"

there was another chorus of 'byes' before thea ended the call. she then stood up, dusting her clothes and picking up her bag.

"sorry about that," she grinned at elaine, "anyways, let's go!"

JUNO'S NOTES
this is the first chapter for this fic
that i am writing not from my phone!
just because i want to write these
last 40 odd chapters as quickly
as possible! ngl i prefer writing
on here as things don't auto correct
to caps and it looks fancier lmao