SEVENTY-THREE

"hello mates," reece grinned, opening the door for thea and kai.

kai gave him a quick bro hug before thea gave him a hug too.

"you guys alright?" he asked, locking the door again as the two took of their shoes.

"yeah i'm good," kai nodded.

"same, i'm good too. you?" thea smiled.

"not bad, come on this way," he jerked his head to the side to gesture for them to follow him, "basically everybody else is here. thea you've met my girlfriend, mia, right?"

thea looked up as they entered the almost empty kitche, kai having gone straight to the living room.

"yeah i think so at a few of the games," thea smiled at the blonde girl.

"hey, nice to see you again!" mia grinned, pulling thea into a hug.

"and you!"

the two girls and reece then made their way into the living room which was crowded with more people than thea had originally expected to be there.

her eyes glanced around the room to see kepa and andreas in a deep conversation with their girlfriends, kai now pouring a few drinks with callum, mateo and his wife picking out some snacks and mason sitting on the arm rest of the coach with his back facing the door.

at the sound of new people, he turned around, jeering. "thea, finally! it's about time!"

thea halted in her footsteps at who she saw sitting beside mason.

it couldn't be...could it?

there is no way.....

at thea's look of confusion, mason hopped out of his seat and moved a bit closer. "alright, thea i want you to meet someone. thea this is-"

thea finished the sentance before he could, "amelie nicole koch."

the brunette girl in question, crossed one leg over the other, smirking at the astonished german girl.

----------

mason blinked in confusion.

"you guys know each other?"

"i think know would be the incorrect word to use," thea answered, biting back a string of curse words.

"oh..." mason trailed off, "cool."

no.

not cool.

the complete opposite of cool.

"it's lovely to see you again thea!" amelie fake grinned, taking a sip of her drink.

fuck this.

thea eyed kai at the side of the room who also just gave her a puzzled shrug. trying to draw the least amount of attention to herself, thea walked out of the room to stop her from slamming amelie's head into a wall.

pinching the bridge of her nose, she leant back against the built in cupboard where everybody kept their coats.

"you okay?" kai mumured, having followed her out of the room.

"what do you think?" she replied snarkily, before taking a deep breath, "sorry, i didn't mean that. i'm just....how the fuck?"

kai glanced down to the floor and then back up to thea.