SEVENTY-ONE

"you haven't left yet?"

thea gave aaryan a puzzled look as she entered her flat, finishing her day at uni at 12:30. initially, aaryan came over the night of timo's party, on friday and was supposed to leave on the monday...but clearly he hadn't.

"i've got no lectures tomorrow as the 1 i would've had got cancelled. so i'm going back tomorrow" the brown boy grinned, currently on the sofa, watching netflix.

"fantastic," thea rolled her eyes playfully. "where's aliyah?"

"at work, remember?"

"oh shit yeah i forgot about that," thea rubbed her head. "when does her shift end?"

aaryan glanced at his apple watching before turning his head back to thea. "right...now. she'll be home in 5 probably."

"cool," thea nodded, taking her shoes off and flopping at the other end of the sofa, "what are you planning to do tonight?"

aaryan blinked. "we booked the escape room for me, you and ali...remember? what is wrong with your memory?"

thea hummed. "oh damn, yeh. forgot about that too. 5pm yeah?"

the brown boy nodded, flicking on the tv to see a repeat of ted's notebook was on.

"keep it on this!" thea blurted out.

she had really gotten into formula 1 these past few months and had even watched the highlights of all the races from the 2020 season. mason had also promised to take her to a race and even get her into the mclaren hospitality and garage.

thea spent the next 10 minutes watching the small episode while aaryan scrolled on his phone.

"i'm back!"

the two looked up from their devices at the loud voice, travelling into the flat.

"how was work?" thea flashed her friend a grin as she walked into the lounge area.

"oh my days, my manager is a cow," aliyah huffed, hopping onto the sofa to join her roomate and her cousin. "i swear if i'm not running around doing something for every single second of my shift then i get shouted out."

"you need to quit from that restuarant," aaryan spoke, thea humming in agreement.

"that's effort though," ali sighed.

there was a comfortable silence as thea picked up her phone, hearing multiple chimes.

imessages
kai

kai
hey
kai
get ready for
6pm
kai
i'm picking
you up

thea🤍
hello
wait where
are we going

kai
surprise...

"what's wrong?" aliyah asked, seeing her best friend's confused face.

"kai just said 'hey, get ready for 6pm, i'm picking you up'" she frowned, "and he won't tell me where, just that's it a surprise.

aliyah and aaryan have her a blank stare.

"he's taking you on a date, idiot," aaryan scoffed at her naivety.

"wha-no. it can't be."

the brown boy huffed, leaning over aliyah and snatching her phone.