FORTY-FIVE

thea's eyes flickered between her phone and the the block of flats in front of her, double checking that she had the right place, as her three suitcases and one large carry on bag, sat either side of.

okay let's do this, she mentally hyped herself up.

she pressed the buzzer on the side of the joke, waiting for a few seconds before hearing a voice.

"hi is this thea?"

"yes it is!" she responded, her eyes noticing the small camera that was there too for security.

"come on up!"

she heard a click, signalling for her to open the door as she entered into the stairwell. and thats when she realised: there was no lift.

cursing under her breath, she sent aliyah a quick message for her to help her bring up a suitcase to which the other girl said she would be down in a minute.

thea's eyes pondered around the stairwell; the block of flats didn't look old but it didn't look particularly new either, which is why it was reasonably cheap.

"hi!"

her head snapped up to see the brown girl in front of her, a wide grin on her face. thea dropped her hands from the handles of her suitcase, to accept the hug from aliyah.

"hey! it's so nice to finally meet you," thea greeted with a smile on her face.

"you too!", aliyah responded before the two started walking up the stairs, "you're lucky i only live on the second floor. i used to babysit these kids who lived on the top floor and it was a bloody workout walking up all those stairs."

"oh god," thea laughed as they reached their flat door, "i wouldn't be able to cope."

"not sure how i did!" aliyah said, pushing the door open and gesturing for thea to come in, "welcome to my humble abode."

the german gazed around the flat; her eyes trailing over the cosy living room, the modern kitchen-diner and the small balcony where a washing rack stood.

"its not much...but it's home."

thea shook her head, "it's beautiful."

the two walked forward into the small corridor at the end.

"this is the bathroom," aliyah said, pushing the door open, "as i told you before, there's only one, but luckily its a decent size."

"and this is my room," she said, closing that door and opening the door to her room. the two briefly walked inside, the first thing catching her attention was the lesbian flag.

aliyah walked in further, kicking some clutter out the way before doing some jazz hands. "and if you couldn't tell from the flag - i like girls. so unfortunately, i cannot help with your boy troubles, but i can gladly slag them off."

thea just chuckled, not knowing what else to say but, "great!"

aliyah's room was the epitome of the girls personality. it was loud and unique like the girl and had a fresh fruity smell.

"and...this is your room!" aliyah finished, guiding thea to the room at the end of the corridor.

thea stepped inside, dropping her bags. although she had already seen pictures, it looked bigger than she had expected it to be. it was smaller than aliyah's but still quite big.

there was a large window, a double bed, a closet and a chest of drawers which were next to a small desk.

"all the furniture was cleaned yesterday by yours truly, so you don't need to worry about dust or bed bugs," aliyah reassured with a grin.

"fantastic! thank you so much."

"no problem," the brown girl smiled, "i'll give you a while to unpack and relax and do whatever you want then we can decide what we want for dinner. i'm not in the mood to cook so is takeaway okay?"

"yeah thats perfectly alright!"

"coolio. see you in a bit," aliyah said before exiting the room and closing the door.

and the first thing thea did was belly flop onto the bed.

JUNO'S NOTES
i actually wrote this
chapter about a month
ago (go me for being
prepared, woop!!) but i
still honestly love it so
much ahhh. you guys
are gonna love aliyah
in this fic

thoughts on her so far?