SIXTY-FOUR

"guten morgen - was ur hölle?"

thea almost got whiplash when she woke up and went down to see her living room crowded with relatives.

"there's the woman of the hour," her father cheered with his cup of coffee.

eyes widened, thea walked over to her dad, politely greeting family members she passed. "why is everyone we know and their neighbour here?" she hissed.

"you're here for the first time in over 5 months and you don't expect people to want to see you?" her dad raised an eyebrow, taking a sip of his drink.

thea sighed, nodding, understanding where they were coming from. "a word of warning would be nice though."

"they only told me they were coming last night!" he put his arms up in defence.

thea grumbled to herself like a kid, briskly turning on her heel. this was going to be an eventful morning.

----------

imessages
kai

thea🤍
HELP
SOS
EMERGENCY

kai
what's up??
thea??
is everything
okay?!

thea🤍
I SWEAR MY WHOLE
GODDAMN FAMILY
IS IN MY LOUNGE

kai
i'm failing to
see the problem
here...

thea🤍
all i wanted to
do was go
down and get
some cereal.
eat it.
and go back
to bed!!
thea🤍
can you be the
worlds best
person and
pick me up🙏🙏

kai🤍
hm...
no

thea🤍
PLEASE
KAI

kai
THEA
they are here
to see you
after ages.
give them a
break

thea🤍
NO
i want to
SLEEP

kai
seems like a
you problem

thea🤍
fuck u
KAI✌ LIKED THIS MESSAGE

kai
🤣🤣
read 11:23pm

----------

thea flopped onto her bed, face planting into her pillow.

"i want to have a nap."

"well you need to pack," heidi pointed out, sitting on the carpet next to the open suitcase.

during the morning, she had worked a shift at the bakery before, coming back to thea's just in time for her relative to leave.

the brunette girl mumbled something incoherent in her pillow before turning around and sitting on the edge.

"how was lunch?" heidi asked, beginning to fold some of thea's clothes that she was taking back to england.

"really good actually," thea admitted, "i missed aunt lilah's soup."

"did you sa-"

"yes i saved some for you," thea rolled her eyes,

"and also-"