007

⭒❃.✮:▹𝐚𝐝𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐝𝐚𝐰𝐬𝐨𝐧◃:✮.❃⭒

April 13, 1912

April 13, 1912

"My crowd— they think their giants, their not even dust in god's eye."

ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

The Orchestra played 'The Blue Danube' throughout the first class saloon, the music echoing off the walls as Katerina slowly followed her Aunt Lilly, Benjamin, her Uncle John, and Madeline down the grand staircase. But she wouldn't go unnoticed with the red handprint on her cheek. Without a doubt, everyone was staring at her and the red mark forming on her face. She refused to cover it up with makeup— she wasn't going to hide anymore. She wasn't going to protect her family— not when they were abusing her, not when they kept hurting her over and over again. She needed people to see them for who they were— toxic, biased, rich, abusers.

He kept his eyes on her as she descended down the stairs.

Katerina smiled when she saw Jack, she approached him. He imitated the gentlemen's stance, hand behind his back. "You know, It's rude to stare, Mr. Dawson" Katerina mumbled just enough for him to hear, trying to get his mind off the handprint she knew he was staring at.

Once she reaches the end of the stairs, she extends her gloved hand and he takes it, kissing the back of her fingers. Katerina flushes, beaming noticeably. She can't take her eyes off him. "I don't care." He mumbled back, taking her gloved hand in his, kissing the top of it, making her smile. "I saw that in a nickelodeon and always wanted to do it." He smiled, holding his arm out for her. She took his arm in hers, "What happened to your face?" He whispered, making her go silent and her smile fell.

For once, she told the truth about her abusive, controlling family to another person. Someone who was nothing but a poor stranger to her family. Someone who was considered trash to first-class. But Katerina was going to make sure he was treated as a person. Not like garbage, just like many first-class people treated the lower class. "That would be the work of my aunt." she sighed.

"The one who took you back to the staterooms?" he asked, Katerina only nodded in response.

"It's not your fault, Jack. If anyone, it's mine. I provoked her." she whispered in a hushed tone, careful no one was listening. Jack looked to her with sympathy.

How could a girl as beautiful as her think of herself in such ways as she did? How could she think it's her fault she got hit? It wasn't her fault, it was as simple as that.

Katerina hooked her arm with his, as they began to approach Benjamin, she quietly cleared her throat preparing her 'Nice, loving, soon to be wife and I totally don't want to push you overboard' voice.

She knew what would happen later that night, especially with Benjamin's threat hanging loose in her mind. "Go against me again and it'll be worse. Stay away from the boy. You are not to go below deck. Understood?"