008

⭒❃.✮:▹𝐫𝐞𝐣𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬◃:✮.❃⭒

April 14, 1912

April 14, 1912

"Tell me why you would want your niece to marry a man she fears. Because I know you see it. You see the fear in my eyes every time he enters the room. How could you put this on my shoulders? I'm 17! Benjamin is more your age then I!"

ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

Sunday April 14, 1912. A bright clear day. Sunlight splashing across the private promenade deck in Benjamin's suite. Katerina and Benjamin, having breakfast in silence. The tension is palpable. Josephine Reid, in her maid's uniform, pours the coffee and goes inside.

Katerina struggled against the cuffs for hours and hours on end last night. But nothing would work. She sat there all night, she got some sleep but not a whole lot.

The silence grew louder and louder. and the only thing rumbling in her mind is if he knew about last night.

But he couldn't possibly know, he was at the Brandy when she left and he was already in bed when she returned. At least she thought he was, before Lilly locked her in her own room, unable to move. Let alone sleep.

Maybe she really was a prisoner, her aunt handcuffed her to her bed. She didn't even know where she got the cuffs, for all she knew, the master at arms. He could've let her aunt lock her up and she'd been clueless.

"I'd hope you'd come to me last night." He spoke, his tone filled with anger and a hint a jealousy.

"I was tired." Katerina answered, hoping, no— praying. Praying he didn't know.

"Your exertions below deck were no doubt exhausting." He told.

He did know, but how?

She thought back to the familiar face she spotted last night when they were dancing.

"No! In fact, I'm just getting started!" He defended as he smiled, while a new song started.

Katerina caught a glimpse of a familiar face for a split second before he took her hand dragging her with him into the big circle. She took Fabrizio's in her's dragging him away from his conversation with Helga and they all started jumping around in one big circle.

It was Collins, Tristan Collins.

"I see you had that undertaker of a manservant follow me. How typical." She scoffed.