006

⭒❃.✮:▹ 𝐩𝐨𝐨𝐫 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 ◃:✮.❃⭒

April 13, 1912

April 13, 1912.

"I happen to hate caviar, and I hate people telling me what dreams I should and shouldn't have."

ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

In the saloon

Bruce Ismay and Captain Smith sit at  a table, newspapers across the table as they both held a cup of tea in front of them.

"So you've not lit the last four boilers then?" Ismay suddenly spoke.

"No, but we're making excellent time." Smith said.

Ismay grew impatient as he took a sip of tea, holding the paper in his other hand. "Captain, the press knows the size of Titanic, let them marvel at her speed too. We must give them something new to print. And the maiden voyage of Titanic must make headlines!"

Captain looked at the man wearily, "I prefer not to push the engines until they've been properly run in."

"Of course, I leave it to your good offices to decide what's best, but what a glorious end to your last crossing if we get into New York Tuesday night and surprise them all."

Ismay slaps his hand on the table "Retire with a bang, eh, E.J?" Smith nodded, stiffy.

Katerina Astor

Katerina had told her aunt Lilly and uncle John she was going through her collection of paintings with Josephine to avoid getting caught up in spending the day with her family. She didn't feel like sipping tea over the talk of wedding plans. They wanted her to get married? Fine.

But she wasn't going to sit there and listen to them brag about it. It wasn't something to be proud of— forcing your only niece to marry. Ripping her of an experience. A rare experience of falling in love with someone, an experience of making memories with a stranger you'd eventually wake up next to and say, 'I love you' to.

Lucky for her, Josephine agreed to cover for her. She always did, they were practically best friends— sisters, even though the woman was a few years older than her, it didn't matter.

All they would be talking about was the wedding; and she wanted nothing to do with that. Instead she walked across the promenade deck of the boat with Jack, who's she's been talking to all day, she was certainly surprised her aunt and Benjamin hadn't noticed. But she was definitely grateful, if not for Josephine covering for her, they would've caught on to what she was doing quickly, where she was and who she was with too.