017

⭒❃.✮:▹𝐧𝐨 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐫𝐲◃:✮.❃⭒

April 17, 1912

April 17, 1912

" You don't understand, I can't go back there."

ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

Katerina stood in the middle of the deck, rain pouring on her, soaking her hair. She was too sad to cry anymore, she cried all the tears she had in her. It had been two days, two days of guilt, grief, and sadness. Two days without Jack.

She watched Cora from a distance, she was sat on a bench with an umbrella hovering over her head. A ship passenger insisted for the child to take it, so Katerina complied. She didn't want her to get sick. She watched as the girl fiddled with a piece of paper in her hands.

Katerina shifted her gaze above her as the statue of liberty came into view. She stared at it, lost in thought. She placed her freezing hands in her coat pockets, attempting to keep them warm. She looked down confused, feeling her hand make contact with a heavy cold material.

She pulled her hand out of the pocket, pulling out a jewel. It was a necklace. A deep blue heart shaped necklace. Not just any necklace, the heart of the ocean.

The jewel rested in her palm as the heavy silver chain dangled below between her fingers. "Le coeur de la mer." she whispered incoherently.

"le coeur de la mer." she whispered.

"What does that mean?" he asked, looking at her.

"le coeur de la mer." she repeated, "The heart of the ocean."

"leu cuore dea lee merea" he repeated after her, incorrectly, of course.

She smiled, looking at him. "Repeat after me." She told. "le coeur" she sounded out.

"le coeur" he repeated.

"de la"

"de la"

"mer"

"mer"

"le coeur de la mer."

"There, you got it! That's it!" she exclaimed happily.

"le coeur de la mer." he said again.

"Don't overuse it, now." she chuckled.

"What is that?"

Katerina look down, seeing Cora standing in front of her. "Well," she sighed, crouching to the girl's height. "It's a special necklace, Cora." she told, her fingers brushed against the blue jewel. "It's pretty." she said, Katerina smiled.