009

⭒❃.✮:▹𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬◃:✮.❃⭒

"Jack, I want you to draw me like one of your french girls

"Jack, I want you to draw me like one of your french girls. Wearing this" .... "Wearing only this."

ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

The most elegant room on the ship, done in Louis Quinze Versaille style. Katerina sat on a divan, with a group of other women arrayed around her. Lilly, the Countess Rothes and Lady Duff-Gordon are taking tea. Katerina stayed silent and still as a porcelain figurine as the conversation washes around her.

Despite not wanting to be there, she didn't exactly have a choice in the matter.

"Oh, Lilly, Tell Lucile about the awful disaster you had with the stationers."

"The invitations had to be sent back, five times. It certainly didn't help that Katerina took them and ripped them up before we could mail them out, every single time." Lilly told, glaring at her niece.

"Oh, my dear. She certainly doesn't agree with the wedding then, does she?"

That would've been the understatement of the year to Katerina. But the only thing bothering her was that they were speaking as if she wasn't right in front of them.

"And the dreadful bridesmaids' gowns. Let me tell you what an odyssey that has been. Katerina decided she wanted yellow. She knows I detest the color. So, she did it only to spite me."

Katerina's Aunt and Benjamin had stopped lecturing her once she stopped sneaking out to see Jack.

She was heartbroken by what she had done to Jack— what she'd said to him. Collins actually started being nice to her, But Josephine had noticed her happiness fade after she stopped sneaking out to see the boy she loved so dearly.

She put on a smile when anyone in first-class talked to her. But inside she was screaming at herself, 'Why? Why did you tell him to leave you alone? He was your only chance at everything you've dreamed of and you ruined it. You ruined your chance'

But then again, she had all eyes on  her—Madeliene, Lilly, John, Collins and Benjamin. She couldn't speak to Jack or be near him without getting threatened by her family. She couldn't even be alone for five seconds without them trusting her, they were guarding her like a prisoner.

Katerina tuned out her Aunt's conversation, She watched the little girl fold the napkin neatly, setting it onto her lap.

It mother and daughter having tea. The four year old girl, wearing white gloves, daintily picking up a cookie. The mother correcting her on her posture, and the way she should hold the teacup. The little girl, trying so hard to please and her expression serious.