Chapter 3

She had done almost everything. She sent him a cake, bought him his favorite comic book, wrote an apologize email, which kind of cliché and weird but she did it anyway. But still there was no response from him. She almost did the one thing that her friends suggested at her which was threw herself at him. But it was stupid idea. That was the reason she never considered it seriously.

At Friday, the third day of the cold behavior from Liam. Brianna could not handle it anymore. She needed to confront him. He couldn't avoid her forever. So, after school when she saw Liam's car ready to pull into his house driveway; she quickly snatched her jacket, dashed out from her room, stepping down the stair heading to the front door, slipped on her shoes, then walked out from her house after shouting to her mother that she would go to Liam's.

The cold breeze brushed her wavy red haired until fell to her face. She combed it with her fingers back to its place. The dampness in the air already could be smelled. She looked up to the sky. There was grey rain cloud whirling above her.

I hope it won't rain until I finish my deal with him.

She quickened her pace to his house. The black SUV car was parked in the driveway. She stepped up the porch and knocked it. Footsteps was heard from the inside,

"Hello Brianna, " Liam's mother, Mrs. Maya O'Connor, greeted her with a wide smile of her.

"Hi, Mrs. O'Connor. Is Liam here?" Brianna said giving her best smile.

"Yes, he is upstairs. Just go right there. He is with his friend"

Maybe Austin. She thought.

"Thank you, Mrs. O'Connor," she said stepping inside the house then took off her shoes. Liam's mother loved everything clean. She never let anyone use shoes inside her house. Just like her mother.

"I'll be in the kitchen if you need me," Mrs. O'Connor said then walked away from her. Brianna gave a nod to her.

As soon as Mrs. O'Connor left her, she took off her shoes, put it on the shoe rack, then walked to the stairs, and climbed up. Liam's room was the first room on the left.

As she climbed up the stairs, she took a deep breath and breathed out exhale couple of times to calm her anxiety. A scenario was played on her mind. A scenario about the probability what she would encounter when she faced him. About what he was going to say and how she would reply it. And it kept replaying in her mind, to prepare herself.

When she arrived in front of his room, she took a deep breath again and with all the courage she could muster at that moment, twisted the cool doorknob then pushed it open.

"Liam-," she spoke lifting his head then stopped because of the scene on the bed at the left side of the room. "Oh shit," she slammed shut the door and leaned against it with her heart pounding like crazy.

"I should have knocked. I should have knocked," she muttered silently. But I never knock.

It was the second time she accidentally caught Liam was in the middle getting laid with a girl. She never knew why he never locked his door. How his mother would react if she caught him, that was way beyond her imagination.

The first time she had caught him, she could see his junk. And she couldn't sleep that night. That second time, she could see his naked ass. And she knew that she would have a sleep deprived tomorrow morning. As a child they had ever seen each other naked. But it was only once when they were 9. And it was an accident. After that they had never seen each other in that state again.

Groaning, she walked to the room next to him. She turned the doorknob slowly, then peered inside the room, making sure it was empty. The room next to him was belong to his older brother, Nick. He was already in college at that moment. The age differentiation between those two was 2 years old. She ever had a crush on Nick when she was fifteen years old. But the said person rejected her. And it was the saddest moment of her life. Liam was the one who comforted her when it was happened. At that Friday, that room only set as a waiting room for her until Liam finished with his activity. The room was neat. Mrs. O'Connor always cleaned up the room even though it was only used during winter break and summer break.