Chapter 13 - Drunk Brianna

Liam let out a heavy sigh then gritted his teeth, trying to diminish the bitter reminder of their first kiss.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah" he replied, parking on the driveway of her house.

There were still lights coming from inside of her house. Her parents were still awake. He glanced at the clock on his car. It was already 12.30 am.

Maybe they are waiting for her.

He turned off the car then turned to see her an was welcomed with a grin from the redhaired girl. His eyes were scanning and evaluating her condition. She didn't look drunk but he didn't know if she started to talk to her parents, the drunk version of her would appear or not.

"Come on," she said unlocking the door then exited the car but stumbled falling to the dirt.

"Shit. Brianna," he quickly jumped off the car and dashed to help her.

"Are you okay?" He asked examining her while kneeling beside her.

She frowned and winced when she moved her leg. There were bruises on her right knee.

"I'm sorry your jacket become dirty," she said raising her arms so the hem of the jacket wouldn't reach the dirt beneath her. And that was Brianna. She was more care about other people thing than herself.

"Its fine. Its fine. It's only a jacket. How are you, Brie?" He reached for her shoulder then help her to stood up. She dusted straightening her skirt.

She winced when started to walk.

"It hurts a bit. But I'm fine," she said taking a deep breath then started walking whilst hooking her arm around his.

His hand was shaking lightly. Nervousness was all over him. The anxiety of facing her parents questioning about her condition was killing him.

Brianna was struggling to enter the key into the hole. She failed couple of times until Liam decided to help her. She giggled and let him do it. Once the door was opened, she beamed, " I'm home!" She shouted loudly.

And as he had expected before, her parents emerged from the family room with a smile. But that smile turned into a frown when they saw her.

"Liam?" Her mother asked. Confused was clearly shown on her face. "I thought you said that you were with Jenna? And what happen with your knees?" She asked striding toward Brianna with concern and worry look.

"I fell when I got off his car. But its fine. Not that bad," Brianna said with a shrug.

Her mother's nose sniffed. "Have you been drinking?"

"Just punch," she said calmly. Four sets of eyes darted to Liam swiftly asking for explanation.

"I'm sorry. I was late. When I found her, she already drank it," he looked remorse.

"It was just a punch," she said with a sweet smile.

Mrs. Carter heaved a sigh, "ok Sweetie. Now come on let me treat your wound," she said taking Brianna's hand.

"Liam come with me," Brianna pulled back her hand and hook her hand on Liam's arm.

"Liam needs to go home, Brianna. Its already late,"

"No. He said he will sleep over at mine. He has promised me that,"

Four sets of eyes were back to stare at him again. The nervousness was getting stronger in him. Liam couldn't speak. Part of him wanted to sneak out of her house. Part of him wanted to keep the promise to her.