Chapter 14 - Austin

"Don't forget the essay about Shakespeare on Thursday," Mr. Clarkson reminded the students while closing the book which he held.

Students groaned loudly ignoring the fact their teacher was still there and could hear them. Mr. Clarkson could careless about their complaint either. Stuffing the book to his leather bag, he walked exiting the class heading to the teacher's office or somewhere else only he knew.

Brianna's eyes started to widen in panic when she saw raining started pouring to the building.

"Damn it. Damn it," she muttered, rising from her seat abruptly then dashed to find her dear friends.

But after finding them, she didn't get the help she needed at the moment. Jenna had broadcasting club emergency meeting. Billy and Charlie had already left with photography club to the next place for their event. Grunting, she threw all her books into her locker then slammed shut. The rain on that day half ruined her plan. She could not delay it until tomorrow because of her part time job at the coffee shop. She bumped her head lightly to the locker thinking about the plan. The mall was kind of far from her school and she needed to took a bus to get there since her mother used the car. But it was raining and she forgot her umbrella.

I should have brought it. She groaned at her stupidity.

A loud male voice took her attention. She turned her head and saw Austin who was walking outside a classroom. An idea popped up in her mind. She stood up straight then ran approaching him, grabbed his arm and pulled him inside the janitor closet then closed it. After calming herself, she took a deep inhale to control her breath.

Austin's face looked confuse and he raised his eyebrows," are we going to make out?"

"What?" She was taken aback by his statement then scrunched her nose. Then shook her head," no. of course not. I need a help,"

"Oh. I thought you want to make out with me. Because this is one of the places where I used to do it," he smirked.

She gaped then shook her head to straight her attention back. This is Liam's friend. You should have known.

"Look. Listen to me, please. I don't want to know about that. It's none of my concern. I only need your help," she repeated again trying to erase the unnecessary information from her brain.

He pursed his lips then folded his arms on his chest, " ok. About what? And why are we talking in here? "

"Because I don't want Liam see us," she exclaimed. It was his turn to frown at her exclamation.

"This Saturday is Liam's birthday. Of course, you know about it," she started with her explanation.

"Oh yeah you are right," Austin said as if he had forgotten. But from his expression, she could see that he was really forgot.

She heaved a sigh then she continued," so I want to buy the present today. Because tomorrow and days after it I couldn't do it. And today, at this hour, is raining. And I forgot to bring umbrella. So I just want to know if you can drive me there? Just drop me to the mall, on your way home then leave me," She grinned sheepishly," Please. For Liam? Because my friends are busy. Wait are you busy right now? You are not, right?"

Austin was still looking at her," do you realize this is the longest conversation we have until now when you are sobber?"

She opened her mouth but halted. He was right. Austin and she never talked longer than 1 or 2 statement, mostly she asked about Liam whereabout, or when she got drunk last Saturday. Which still wasn't counted as general talk.

"Yeah. You are right," she felt unease by the fact he mentioned before. "So, I can't take a lift with you, can I? I'm sorry. I know it's so impolite to suddenly ask for your help but I-" she sighed lowering her head.