Chapter 8

It was supposed to be her who chose the movie. But when they arrived at the cinema, there were no movie that excited her. So, she let Liam chose it. And Liam picked horror movie. As a girl who dislike horror movie but curious about the plot, she browsed the movie first to prepare herself. Liam only teased her and told her that maybe one of the ghosts would come to accompany her at night, which made her kicked his leg or punch his arms couple of times.

As the movie started, she pulled herself and hooked her arm to Liam, ready to hide everytime jumpscare scene showed up or ghost appeared. Meanwhile, Liam snickered all the time watching her like that. He was really enjoying seeing her jumpy reaction or scream everytime that scene appear. He laughed and snickered, or all kind of delight expression that he could show when she did all those things. She shoved him and pouted seeing his expression, but quickly diminished her rage to him because she needed him as her protection, then pulled herself to him again to bury her head into his wrapped of arm.

"You smell good," Brianna said trying to distract herself from the scene where one of the casts trying to escape, "do you wear new perfume?"

He chuckled and rubbed her shoulder to calm her since she startled when the cast dropped a thing during her sneak out from the place, "yeah. Do you like it?"

"Hu-uh," she said. Her eyes never left the screen in front of them. Then she screamed when the ghost appeared, and hid her face abruptly to his chest, and her grip on his shirt tightened.

A deep chuckle was emitted from him. "You can get heart attack if you continue like this, Brie,"

"Why did you choose this movie anyway?" She smacked his chest playfully.

"Its said it is better than the others-"

Then she screamed again before he managed to finish his statement. A little laughter came out from him seeing his bestfriend.

After serial of scream, startled, yelp, and an hour later, the movie was over. Brianna was very grateful with it and very excited to just get out of the cinema to breathe some fresh air. She was too stressful after watching the movie. So, she took Liam's hand and dragged him out from the cinema.

"Where are we going now?" Liam asked after they were outside the theatre.

"I am thirsty and want ice cream," she said while looking around the cars that were passing them with their hand swaying together.

"Ok, where?"

"You know the ice cream shop that had colorful place and big banner ice cream near our school? " She looked at him with her big doe blue eyes.

"Yeah, I know. Let's go there,"

She nodded vigorously in excitement then walked to the car with him.

***

The bell chimed when they entered the place. The smell of chocolate and vanilla filled their nostril. They approached the counter to place their order. Brianna chose chocolate and chips ice cream while Liam chose vanilla ice cream. He was crazy about everything with vanilla. Not too sweet, plain but perfect, she could quote his words.

Liam chose the table at the corner near the window where they could see the scenery outside the store where people walked at the pedestal.

"I really still confuse with the reason why people like to watch horror movie. Its torturing, Like a masochist," Brianna protested while scooping ice cream to her mouth.

He snickered hearing the comparison. "Adrenaline, Brie. They are looking for adrenaline,"

"Why don't you just. I don't know. Jump from 20th story floor if you want some adrenaline rush?" She scoffed.