Chapter 12 - First Kiss

A long heavy sigh emitted from Liam's lips. He was feeling emotionally tired that night. It was all because of the girl that sat next to him, who was singing to the song played on radio wholeheartedly. The drunk version of Brianna was a very childish stubborn Brianna. And it took much patience in him to deal with her.

The said girl was drinking water because she said that her throat dry after singing. He glanced at her but he couldn't mad at her. It was not her fault.

He was feeling upset with the incapability of her friends taking good care of her, putting too much trust in her knowledge. But still, he also couldn't blame them. Brianna was an independent girl, sometimes stubborn, and she didn't want to dependent on other person. Although she always said that she needed his presence in her life. Just like he needed her in his life.

The other thing that made him upset was Tyler and Chris. Those two almost took advantage of her condition. The image of what those two could do to her flashed in his mind and it made him angry. He needed to deal with them later.

"Liam," he felt her hand on his cheek.

"Yes, Brianna?" He turned his head to see her. They were on a traffic light at that moment. Her blue eyes shone in the dim light inside the car.

"You are very handsome boy," she giggled.

He was stunned. She never complimented him with the handsome word. The only compliment she ever gave him was good looking.

"No wonder many girls fall for you," she said while rubbing his cheek and smiled sweetly at him.

His heartbeat was racing. He knew she was drunk at that moment but those blue eyes enticed him, luring him to lean towards her and pressing his lips on her. But instead of those tempting action that he could do to her, he shoved her hand away from him.

"You are drunk," he said coldly then turned his attention back to the road in front of them.

She pouted then crossed her arms on her chest, rambling about how insensitive he was and she was just trying to compliment him.

He barely listening to her. The loud pounding of his heartbeat blurred the sound outside his body. The lower part of him started to twitch and he hated it.

He hated this feeling. He hated the romantic feeling he felt toward her. It could ruin what they had after all of this time.

That feeling was triggered because of that stupid kissing game when they were thirteen years old. Sometimes he wished that he had never agreed to play that game.

Flashback:

The bottle spinning started slowing down. He felt nervous of who he would kiss at that moment. Because it would become his first kiss. The thirteenth years old Liam was still a nerd and nothing sexy and hot about him. He was lanky, thin, and tall; although he already had the look and strength just like the older version of him.

The tip of the bottle moved slower and slower until it stopped in front of his bestfriend, Brianna.

Her eyes widened and so did he.

I will kiss Brie. He was shock and stunned. The thirteenth years old Brianna was a sweet and cute girl. Her red hair was still untamed but those blue passionate eyes were the same. The innocence was the key point why Liam always tried to protect her, keeping his eyes on her and pushed everyone that tried to annoy or tease her.

"Come on you two. Just kiss. Only 7 minutes," Austin teased. Their friends who surrounded the table started cheering them.

"The closet was there," Dean pointed to the closet.

His heartbeat pounded rapidly. Slowly, he stood up then sauntered toward Brianna who lowered her head. When she felt he stood beside her, she lifted her head and looked at him. There was a pink tint blush on her cheeks, which made her cuter. But Liam brushed it away quickly.

"Come on," he held out his hand. She nodded hesitantly and reached for his hand.

Their friends were catcalling and cooing at them as they walked to the closet. Brianna's grip on his hand was tightened. She was nervous just like him. It would also become her first experience.

Once they stepped inside the closet, he closed the door and released her hand then leaned against the door.

"We don't have to do it, Brie," he suggested, " they won't know about it".

Brianna bit her lower lips looking around but him, while holding her hands, fidgeting.

"We just need to stay here until the time is up. Or if you are afraid of lying, we can just peck cheek just like we used to do to each other," he shrugged.

"I want to do it," she said in low voice.

"What?"

"I want to do my first with you," she said looking firmly at him. Those blue eyes showed a determination of her decision.

He felt weak after her declaration. His blood rushed all over his body making his body heated hearing her words.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I feel safe with you. At least if with you, even if I do bad, you won't judge me. As I won't judge you," her voice was shaking in every words that came out from her lips.

He gulped then closed his eyes then opened it again. Hesitation was clearly shown on his expression.

"You don't want to do it with me, do you?" She asked. A sadness appeared on her blue eyes. His heart sunk seeing her sad expression.

"No. Its not like that. I mean. Shit. Okay. Yes. Yes. I want to do it with you. Come on let's do it. You are right. Its better between us first," he stammered then walked towards her. A small smile was formed on her face.

Taking a deep breath, he reached for her cheeks. His hand was trembling because of the nervousness. He retracted his hand a little, shook it until the tremble was gone, then slowly reached for her cheek. Her cheek was soft and warm under his thumb, the pink tint blush was still there, adorning her face. His heart was thundering loudly against his chest, excitement and nervousness mixed together. Mustering all the courage that he had at that moment, he leaned towards her, pressing his lips on her. The kiss was sloppy. There were bump of teeth, giggled, nose bumping, but after several try, they managed to perfect it. With a tilting head and started with soft kiss to each lips, their lips moved smoothly in the same rhythm. And they enjoyed every touch of their lips. A knock at the door stopped their kiss at that evening.

But the experiment with the kiss still continued. He suggested to her that they should practice to prepare them if one day they had a lover. And she agreed with that suggestion.

Almost every day they did the 'experiment'. And each day passed, they became more experience in it, according to them. And as days passed, Liam noticed every single thing about her habits and scent. How her cheek would blush everytime they kissed. How she licked her lips before they started kissing. The flowery perfume scent radiated from her, everytime he hugged her. Her loud but lovely laugh emitted from her pink lips.

As they presumed before. Everything must come to an end. After a month, she wanted it to stop. She said that she was afraid their feeling could blossom into more than bestfriend and she didn't want that to happen. He replied with a smile then said, " ok,".

But it was too late for him. His feelings toward her had blossomed into a romantic feeling and he kept it as a secret, only for him to know.

Days after days. Months after months. Years after years. He tried to switch back those feelings. But it was hopeless. It was getting stronger and making him frustrated.

He joined the sport club, building up his feature. And he succeeded in that. Become the hot, handsome, popular Liam O'Connor. Girl after girl waited in line for him, practically throwing themself at him. But still, he could never forget the girl that was bothering his mind. And the said girl never saw him in the way he wanted her to. So, he just continued what he always did, becoming a good friend for her and a player for other girls.