Chapter 1 - The Challenge

Her heart was pounding rapidly, hammering against her chest. She took a deep inhale, then blew out a heavy exhale.

"You can do it Brianna. You can do it," Jenna said balling her fists to give her a support.

"Show your red-haired strength," Billy said while re-arranging his glasses.

Brianna snapped at Billy," Its got nothing to do with my hair colour, Bill,"

"Red means brave, fiery, and energetic, Brianna," Charlie, the dark skin guy, said.

"Just go to him. Do you want the money or not?"

Yes. It was all started because they dared her. They dared her to do 'the kiss your bestfriend' challenge by TikTok. Brianna already declined it, despites they called him coward, sissy and other insult with the same meaning. But when they offered additional prize which was 200 bucks if she did the challenge; she officially accepted the dare.

"He is your bestfriend. So, he won't mad at you. Besides, it's not like the first time you kissed," Jenna sneered flipping her brown hair to the other side of her shoulder.

Brianna heaved a sigh then turned her head to the direction where his bestfriend and also her target sat, Liam James O'Connor. Liam had became her bestfriend since they were eight. His house was two houses from her house. They used to hang out together. But as they grew up, Liam started to spend time with popular group, since he was one of the football players at their school. But he never forgot Brianna. He always spent time with her anytime she wanted it or needed him. He was the reason no one dare to touch or bully her.

"Look. If he upset with me, then people will bully me. I am safe because of him," Brianna turned to see her friends again.

"He won't, Brie!" Jenna exclaimed.

She sighed again. "Can I do the dare on private?"

"No," her friends answered in unison. "If you do it in private, then the money prize will be cut into 50 bucks!" Charlie said with a wicked smiled that made her want to slap his face.

She grunted then looked back to Liam. Liam was talking and laughing with his jocks friend. He ran a hand to his black hair to comb a strand of hair that fell to his forehead. His honey brown eyes gleamed with amusement following a story told by Austin, one of his jocks bestfriend and the captain of football team.

"200 bucks Brianna," Jenna chirped.

The sound of students chattering were filling the lunchroom at that noon. She only had 10 minutes left to do the dare.

She heaved a sigh, then took a deep breath, and the last big exhale then stood up from her seats. Screeching sound was heard from behind her. One of her friends was ready to record her action.

She mustered all the courage inside her, then stepped toward her bestfriend. One inhale. One exhale. One inhale. One exhale. She kept controlling her breath to diminish the nervousness inside her. The sound of chattering was muted by her focus to her target.

I need it. I need the money.

Only needed two more strides until she reached her destination. The target turned his head noticing her attendance in front of him. He only raised his eyebrow when she stopped in front of him.

"Yes Brie?" He asked with his deep tone voice.

"I'm sorry," she only replied with apology before leaning forward him, cupping his cheeks with her hands then crashed her lips with his. She could feel that her childhood friend was stunned by her action.

People were 'woo', gasp, and there was whistle. Then she broke the kiss, pulling away from him slowly with a light blush on her cheeks.

"I'm sorry," she told him again in a whisper tone," It was a dare. And I need the money. Please don't mad at me". Her blue eyes shone with apologetic look. The brown eyes only gave a cold stare at her, emotionless. Brianna became nervous then retracted her hand from him while slowly standing up straightened her back.

The bell rang ended the show of that noon. Students walked passing by them giving different response, some of the whistle, most of them whispered talking about her action.

Liam rose from his seats with his eyes still locked onto her blue eyes. Brianna whimpered, terrified by his stare.

He is mad at me. He is totally mad at me.

She slowly stepped back from him until bumped someone then stopped. Her heartbeat pounded thundering against her chest.

Austin slung his arm around Liam's shoulder, whispering something. Liam shook his head then turned his gaze away from her after throwing a cold glare. He walked away along with his friends who were snickering.

"He is mad at you," said Billy who was standing beside her.

She punched Billy's arm hardly until he winced and stepped backward from her, afraid that Brianna would do something harsh again.

"I've told you!" Brianna said scowling at her friends and herself. "Damn it," she muttered.

"Here is you bag," Jenna said handing her the bag. She accepted it while her eyes were still looking at her bestfriend' leaving figure. "And this is your prize," she placed the money in Brianna's hand.

Brianna only muttered 'thanks' then shoved the money into her pocket jeans. She was still worried about Liam. He never mad or angry with her. Even when she accidentally had broken his iPod, or when she had lost his favourite toy, or when she accidentally had poured a water to his iMac. He was never in her life got angry with her. Upset maybe. But never angry.

She sighed, slightly regretting her decision regarding the dare. But she needed the money.

"Come on," Jenna hooked her arm, dragging her with them.

"He won't mad at you again tonight, right Brie?" Charlie said from behind them.

"Maybe," she mumbled wishing what Charlie statement would be come true. "I hope".