Chapter 12 - Camden Town

Stepping off the train made Cassie's heart thump with anticipation. Her eyes darted to every figure before they landed on the icy blue eyes that belonged to her Alfred. He was wearing a simple white shirt, brown trousers, a black jacket, and his hat. She releases her breath, which she didn't realise she was holding, and makes her way over to him with a smile.

"How was the journey, love?" Alfie asks as he takes her bag off her and swaps it for a large bunch of flowers, making her smile. "Worth it, I hope." Cass replies with a cheeky grin. "I hope so too." Alfie says, matching her smile. "Right, come on. I have the whole day planned." He then says, placing his spare hand on her lower back as he guides her towards the exit. "Wow, a whole day with Alfie Solomons. I must be special." Cass teases. "That you are, love." Alfie says as they get to his car.

~

"Right, this is our first stop." Alfie says as the car comes to a halt. "First? How many stops are there going to be today?" Cass asks. "Ah, that would spoil the surprise, love." Alfie replies with a wink, making her blush. He then proceeds to climb out of the car, make his way to her side, and help her out. Cass looks around to see a beautiful park. As if such beauty could be found in the middle of London. Cassie is in awe.

The couple start to walk, Alfie leading the way. "So, is this what you usually do on dates?" Cass asks with a slight bounce in her walk. "Not really." Alfie replies with a shrug. This leaves Cass curious, but she would hate to know what he actually does. "How about you?" He asks her, side glancing towards her. "I don't go on dates." Cass says. "What makes me so different, then?" Alfie says, suddenly more intrigued. "I guess you'll have to wait to find out." Cass says cheekily, making him chuckle. "Alright then." He says with a smile as they continue to walk.

~

After a short walk in the park, Alfie took Cass to the cinema - which he had fully booked out so they had some privacy - before taking her back to the hotel room he had sorted for her. He told her to change into something nice and that he would be back at 7 to pick her up.

Cass immediately got to work. She had an amazing bath in the beautiful claw foot tub before smoothing her skin over with the expensive lotion Polly brought her last Christmas. It smelled like roses, which she loved. She then brightened her face up with some make-up and pinned her hair in a half up half down style before slipping her dress on over her head. It was emerald green with beaded embellishments and silver sequins.

She made her way over to the full-length mirror on the back of the door, smiling when she sees her reflection. Cass hasn't felt this pretty in a very long time, and it feels like the walls around her heart had begun to break down.

It was soon 7pm, and right on the dot there was a knock on the door. Cass opened it with a smile, her eyes widening when she saw Alfie's appearance. He was now wearing a grey three-piece suit which fit him perfectly. He had cleaned up his beard and no longer smelled like rum. Cass's heart practically glowed at the sight of him. He had dressed up just for her, and she definitely wasn't going to take it for granted.

"Ready to go, love?" He asks with a smirk. He had watched her for about two minutes as she stared at him in awe and couldn't help but chuckle. "Yes, let me just get my coat." Cass replies, shrugging her jacket over her shoulders before locking the door and following him out of the building.