Ch. 7: High School Images

Moments later, you find yourself in a hellish place. And that's just it. You're down in the underworld now. You've surrendered yourself to the Devil to save everyone including your grandfather, family and friends upon the surface. And because the Devil wanted you to himself.

You're in a room and you look around. Despite being in the underworld and now bound to the Devil, the room you're in is actually pretty nice. You look around and you see that you're in a room with a pretty decent bed, a radio like your own, a TV, a lamp. And so on.

There are a few rock posters of bands you love like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Nine Inch Nails, etc. You say, "How did he know what bands I like? I love Pearl Jam, especially. Even Flow is my favorite song."

You hear a knock on the door and you look over. You say, "Hello?!" You hear this, "Uh, hey boss's new love interest! The boss wants to see you!" It's a different voice. You walk to the door and you open it. You look down to see a heavy seat purple demon guy with a long pointy nose, small wings, yellow gloved hands, etc. 

You say, "Hi. Wait... You're that henchman guy I saw at the nightclub that one night. You were dancing with everyone else." He says, "Y-yeah. I'm Henchman. The boss sent me up here to bring you to him." You say, "Okay." 

You knew that compared to the Devil himself, Henchman seemed a bit... softer. Despite being a demon, himself. He just did. Then again, you're aware he's completely loyal to the Devil. You could already see right through Henchman.

You walk out and you follow him. He says, "So um... You're the boss's new lady friend, huh?" You say, "Yeah. I guess I am." He says, "He really seems to like you if he was willing to sacrifice an entire city for you, miss." 

You say, "Yeah. I'm aware. I'm here now." He says, "What was your name? The boss said it, but I forgot?" You say, "It's cool, dude. I'm (Y/N) (L/N). I guess you're the one who found out that Cuphead is my grandpa, huh?" 

He says, "Yeah. We still have records of him and down here in Hell, a new one appears. New family members and so on. The boss has me check the records." You say, "Makes sense if you knew that." 

He says, "Did he tell you that you're his bride to be? The boss really wants a lady by his side. He wants that more than to collect the souls of people upon the surface." You say, "I'm aware of that, too. Well... I guess I'm it, huh?" He nods and says, "But can you blame him? You are pretty." You say, "Awe. Well, thank you Henchman." 

You follow Henchman downstairs. You can already sense that no matter what, Henchman is the type of being you can't stand being mad at. You were sure that not even the Devil himself could, either.

You get downstairs and you get to a double door. They open and you look inside. You see a red throne from afar and a red carpet leading to it. Fire is on the sides. No surprise. He is the Devil and Hell has fire. Henchman says, "Go ahead. He's expecting you." You say, "Okay. I'll see you later, Henchman." He says, "Okay." He walks off. You walk in and you say, "Um... I'm here... Devil." 

You hear this from him, "Come here, my dear.~" You walk along the red carpet. You look over at your left to see a few tapestries with graphic designs on them, but you were interested. You say, "Hey. Cool tapestry. I like it." He says, "Oh, what I love about you modern young women. Into more violence than ever. Or should I say... masochism?"

You say, "What makes you think I'm a masochist?" He says, "Baby... I'm the devil. I know every sin. Every horrifying and satisfying thing. Sin, pain, anguish, agony, war, destruction, customer service, political arguments, gun violence, increasing the prices on things... You name it. I love the evilness. I've created it all. Loud noise everyone upon the surface hates. The moldy spot in your food a week later. Food poisoning... All from me."