Ch. 24: Congrats to the Queen

You come back out and you sigh. You say, "That's better. What the fuck is going on with me?" You hear the Devil saying this, "I've figured it out, dear... From Stickler." You look at the Devil. He looks at you and he smiles. You say, "I'm not really sick, am I?" He says, "Nope... You're pregnant." 

Your eyes widen. Then you say, "That explains everything. But wow. Pregnant?" You look at him. He grins and says, "Congrats to us, huh?!" You smile and you approach him. He pulls you close and he says, "I'm going to be the Devil daddy soon." You say, "I've been waiting for this. No lie. I don't care what gender. So long as they're safe." 

He says, "I can assure you my dear. They'll be perfectly safe. This daddy won't let anyone harm them." You sigh and you smile, hugging him. You say, "I hope you don't mind taking me up to the surface. I want my granddad to know he'll be a great-grandfather. Oh, and mom. She'll be a grandma, soon." 

King Dice says, "Hey, yeah. I'll be right back. I'll go get Hannah. She does need to know she'll be a grandma." He walks off. You yell, "Thanks, Dice!" He says, "Anytime, your highness!" Henchman smiles and says, "Wow, boss. Congrats. A child of your own in over seven hundred years." 

Devil says, "It was about time, Henchman. A new prince or princess of the underworld will be here with us in nine months. I'm counting on you to help and pitch in." Henchman smiles and nods saying, "Sure thing, boss." You look down at your still flat stomach and you whisper, "I know you're just now developing inside of me, but I love you sweet thing." 

Dice looks at Devil and says, "Who was your last child, Big D?" Devil says, "Her name was Elizabeth. Daughter of the Devil. Heh. Well, daughter of MINE. The year 1184 is when she was born. Died in 1264. She was eighty. Let's just say, she was quite a sadist. Pure evil. She slaughtered over seventy-three men and forty women. Oh, how evil she was. I admired that as a Devil father that I was." 

You say, "If I have a girl, it's Annie. Boy, Victor. I've always loved those names." Devil grins and says, "Alright. We'll go with those out of which gender my little hell spawn is." You say, "Out of curiosity, who was your last wife before me?" He says, "Eleanor Ann Bennet. She was eighteen when she got with me. Died when Elizabeth was three-in-a-half years old." You say, "What? You mean Eliza never knew her mom much?" 

He says, "That's how most of it was then. But I've trained Eliza to be as evil as she could be and she caught on quick by the time she was eleven years old. Trust me when I say this, dear... You'll more likely live a LOT longer. Up until ninety something." 

You say, "I'd be lucky to live past eighty by then." You look down at your stomach and you say, "I'll do anything to protect my kid, though. Anything at all. No offense Henchman. As much as I care about you and won't let anyone hurt you, it's my baby I'll be my worst at if anyone hurts them." He says, "None taken, your highness. It is your child." He smiles.

You say, "Hey, Henchman. Thanks, dude. And Devil's not lying. No matter how powerful he and I are. Him especially... we'll need your help. And we know you'll do anything for us." He says, "I sure will. This is yours and the boss' child, is it not? I'll be there to help." Devil smiles and says, "Much appreciated, Henchman." 

You hear a familiar voice from your mom saying, "(Y/N)!" You raise a brow and you look over to see King Dice. But now your mom is with him. She runs over to you and she says, "Kid!" She gets to you. You say, "I guess you know now, huh?"

She says, "Holy shit. You're going to be a mom. Wow. Congrats, kid. My only child is giving me a grandkid." She hugs you. You smile and you hug her back saying, "I figured you'd like that." She says, "I'll be a much better grandma than I was a mom." 

You say, "Hey. It'll be alright. You're down here for the rest of your life anyways. You'll have all the time to see them." She smiles and says, "Worth it. I love you, babe." You say, "Love you too, mom."

You hear this, "Burpity burp, bada bap." She pulls away and says, "The fuck was that?" You say, "Oh that? I found a creature so adorable. His name's Burpy. See him?" You point over at the small round little red puffy demon. She says, "Ah. I see him." You walk over and you pick him up. 

You say, "A little head's up... He belches scorching hot green fire. He can incinerate anything to ash. So, if you hold him and you see him puff his cheeks, steer him away from you as much as possible." 

She looks at Burpy and says, "I guess you're my daughter's new pet, huh Burpy?" Burpy says, "Burpity bap badadap." You look at your mom and you say, "I can't resist. He's cute." She says, "I mean, hey kid. You have a pet, now. And he seems to already like you." 

You say, "We need to let granddad know I'm pregnant." She says, "Oh shit. That's right." Devil says, "I'll send you two up." You say, "Thanks, babe." He grabs his pitchfork and he slams it down a bit. The elevator appears. You and your mom walk to it. 

You look at the others and you say, "We'll be back." You and your mom go in the elevator that takes you up to the surface and the doors. You had to leave Burpy with the others because he could combust anytime.

*************************************************

A moment later, you and your mom are at your grandpa's house. And since he's got Elder Kettle's old place. And now he's the elder one. You were going to break the news to him. You and your mom just got there a minute ago and you're all sitting down in the living room of the cottage.

Cuphead is in his chair and he looks at you both saying, "You both had news to break to me?" Hannah says, "Yeah, dad. You won't believe this. It's (Y/N)." He says, "Oh?" He looks at you saying, "What is it, honey?" You say, "Granddad... I found out just today that I'm pregnant." 

He gasps and he smiles saying, "Oh, honey. Well, congrats to ya. I'm happy for ya." Hannah says, "Yeah. My only child and she's giving me a grandkid." Cuphead gets up and says, "You two stay for a little bit. I'll get some supper ready." You smile and you say, "Okay." Hannah says, "Sure, dad." He walks into the kitchen.

You look at your mom and you say, "Wow. I'm going to be a mom." Hannah says, "Yeah. Let alone carrying an actual prince of darkness and it ain't Ozzy." You say, "Ha. Funny." You sit back and you say, "I'm looking forward to motherhood, nonetheless." Hannah says, "Listen to me, kid." You look at your mom. 

She looks at you and says, "Be the better mom. Be around for them. You're lucky we live in the underworld, now. Be better than I was towards YOU. Be there." You say, "Trust me, mama. I will." You and your mom talk until your grandpa calls you for supper. You stay for supper and you head back down to the underworld after.