Ch. 9: Mother and Daughter Conversation

A moment later, you and your mom are in your room. You're both sitting on the bed. Your radio is on and it's playing Plush by Stone Temple Pilots. It's not up as loud as you had the last song, last night.

Your mom sighs and says, "I have some things to say to you, (Y/N)." You say, "Tell me. What is it?" She says, "I've been fully aware for years that I've been such a shitty mother to you. I stole. I was high back in 1974 one day and left you in a hot car when you were only two years old. I'm so glad uncle Mugs was there." You sigh and you say, "Mama. Don't worry about it, alright? That was years ago." 

She says, "Yeah. But I'm still far from perfect to this day. I stole and I've robbed places for you. I had you live with your granddad because of me going to jail. He raised you for the majority of your life because I couldn't with how I was. My mom... your grandma's death took a big toll on me and so did your dad's. I was messed up, honey. I really was. And when I got the news about you giving yourself up to the Devil... I had to escape from prison. I had two years left, but I had to get out and find a way to get to you." 

You look at her. She looks at you and she puts her hand on your face saying, "You gave yourself up to him so willingly to save everyone, didn't you?" You say, "Yeah. I did. I couldn't let him harm granddad, especially. He would've killed him if I didn't go with him." 

Your mom says, "He called me at the prison and I could tell he had been crying. Then he broke the news to me about you." She puts her hand down. You say, "Well... Things haven't been too bad since I got down here." She says, "The dark lord himself really admires you that much, huh? So much he'll try and kill off everyone else." 

(I'm sure the term yandere wasn't used by most in the year 1992. At least not for fandom purposes or videos. Just in original Japanese anime or manga starting from the 80s. Then again, no internet.)

You say, "His henchman seems to have kind of a soft side, though. Henchman's his name." She says, "Henchman?" You say, "If you see a small heavy set purple demon with small wings, that's him. He serves the Devil." She says, "Ah. Gotcha." 

The next song to play is Epic by Faith No More. You say, "Oh, I like this song." Your mom says, "Yeah. Faith No More's good." You sing to it a bit and she smirks. She says, "You were always into singing to your favorite songs. Like you did with Ramones, Led Zeppelin and KISS when you were a kid." 

You look at her and you say, "I won't lie... When I got the realization about you as I got older... I thought you were shitty for a parent." She says, "Well... I was, so... You're not lying. I was fucked up for a while, (Y/N). Still am. Just not as bad. I guess in some ways, I was headed for here, anyways. You had every right to be angry at me for being absent for so long and being locked away in prison. And for other shit I did. But life's not all grand, honey." 

You say, "Mama... Can I talk to you about something? Something I never had a chance to talk to you about as a teenager. Since you know... you were locked away. I was too scared and embarrassed to talk to granddad about any of it because, well... he's a guy. I had to turn to Marcy's mom for any of it. That's how I learned about it." 

She says, "Baby. If there is anything you need to tell me, you can. Trust me, part of me wished it was ME who could talk to you about all of this. I'm glad Marcy's mom was around and free to tell you. You and Marcy have been friends for years." 

You say, "What if... marrying the Devil wouldn't be so bad?" She says, "Are you getting to something? Just spill it, baby." You sigh and you say, "My recent years, I've been a dirty-minded person. I hear the Devil's voice... it does something to me and I have to hide it." She says, "Well, I mean it happens, babe." You say, "Sorry if this embarrasses you." 

She says, "What? Psh. No, not a bit. With all the shit other female inmates were doing in there with each other, you talking about some things is nothing, (Y/N)." You say, "I know this would be considered wrong to the majority of us upon the surface. Seeing that it is the Devil himself... but he's got to have that charm and that ability to him that most men up there do not. I'm sure he's extremely capable of anything like that. He's powerful. He rules the underworld. He can shapeshift into anything. He has control of all of his minions and everything else down here. He has been around since... forever. He is the Devil. I'm picturing the satisfaction I'd get from him once I'm alone with him." 

She says, "Hey. You're going to be his wife soon, so you may as well enjoy it. You're a grown woman. And can you blame him for choosing you of all women up there? Even compared to a succubus down here who could've been lucky? You are a beautiful girl, (Y/N). Too pretty for your own good." 

You say, "I've never been so lucky with a guy until now. But the Devil showed me some images of what others really thought of me behind my back in high school. Guys wanted to be with me, but didn't ask me out. I found out... it's because they thought I would turn them down and laugh about it." 

She says, "That's what I mean, sweetie. Pretty to the point of guys being paranoid about being rejected by you and other women being extremely jealous of you, no matter how pretty they are. You have them beat for sure." You say, "Yet... the Devil ended up winning me over without hesitating." 

She says, "Honey. The Devil never hesitates to get what he wants." You say, "It's alright... I've thought things over, anyhow. I'm just happy someone wanted me this much. And to hear his voice as he speaks to me. Holding me close." She says, "At least you found someone. Devil or not." 

You're unaware that right outside is the same imp that came to your door last night to see what you looked like. Rudy. He had heard everything and he moves away, holding back a giggle saying, "The boss is going to like to hear this." He walks off.