Ch. 14: Meeting King Dice

The next day, you're in a large room. Some other imps and Henchman are in there with you. The Devil is upstairs bathing at the moment. You've got music playing and the minions and Henchman are dancing along with you. What's playing on the radio is the song Walk the Dinosaur by Was (Not Was). 

Your female imp friend Nelly smirks and says, "Dance, girl! You got this!" You see Henchman dancing and you grin and say, "I saw you dancing at the nightclub with the others that night, Henchman!" He says, "It is fun!" You continue dancing.

Suddenly, Henchman hears the phone ringing and he looks over. He runs over. You look to see this for yourself. He grabs the phone and picks it up saying, "Hello?... Who is this?... Alright, I'll transfer you to the boss.... You're welcome, Mr. King Dice sir." 

You say, "Wait... King Dice?" The other imps stop dancing and they look at you. Rudy says, "What? King Dice? Hasn't he been dead for twelve years? He died as an old man passed out drunk outside the retirement home and got hypothermia. His soul is here!" 

Right upstairs, the Devil is relaxing in his tub. Suddenly, he hears the phone on the wall in the bathroom ringing and he sighs saying, "This better be an important phone call. I'm busy relaxing." 

He uses his powers to take the phone off the wall and bring it over. He takes it and says, "Hello?" He hears a familiar voice from over fifty to sixty years back saying this, "Hey, boss. Remember me? Your number one." Devil sits up and says, "Dice?!" 

King Dice says, "That's right." "How in the hell did your soul make it out of the vault?! You've been dead for twelve years, Dice. You died as an old man from hypothermia and intoxication. Plus, you were going to end up down here, anyways." "I guess my soul managed to make it out of there through a crevice. Went through some pipes... Then I found the revival pool. I came out the same age I was when I hosted Roll the Dice." 

The Devil says, "I see. I'll tell you what, Dice. Come to my castle asap. I've got someone for you to meet." "Oh? And who are they?" "Dice. I'm set to making a woman my wife really soon. I want to introduce you to her." "Hey. Way to go, big D. A queen of your own, huh?" "Yes yes. But be here soon." "I'll be there in a jiffy, sir. Oh, it's been a long time." 

After that talk, the Devil hangs the phone back up and he says, "Dice really is cleverer than all of the other souls to make it out of the soul vault and revive himself." He lays back and he sighs. He smiles and says, "At least he'll be of use to me, once more."

Right downstairs where you, Henchman and the minions are, you're all still dancing. This time, it's playing the song Head Like a Hole by Nine Inch Nails. You loved the song. You suddenly hear this, "Ahem! Attention, everyone!" You all stop. Nelly turns the radio off and you all look over to see the Devil.

You and Henchman approach him. He holds his hand out to you and he grins saying, "My dear.~" You smirk and you say, "Hey... Ol' Scratch.~" You take his hand. He looks at the others and he says, "I've come to inform all of you that there's been a surprise revival, recently. A soul was smart enough to slip out of the vault and make its way into the revival pool." 

Nelly says, "What? Aw man. No way. How?" Devil says, "You all heard me correctly. And he's on his way here really soon. I'm sure you all know who it is by now. An individual who was working for me for most of his life until the day of his death. But he's back and he'll be working for me once again. I..." 

You hear a masculine voice saying, "Boss?" You all look back and you see a man in a purple suit, has a dice shaped head, mustache, etc. Henchman says, "It's him, boss! It's really him! It's King Dice!" The Devil approaches Dice and says, "Ah... Dice. Welcome back, old friend. I see you revived to the same age you were when you hosted Roll the Dice." 

Henchman looks up at you and says, "That was my favorite show at the time." You say, "Yeah?" He nods. You and Henchman look at Devil and Dice. Dice says, "So... You were telling me you found a bride to be, huh?" Devil grins and says, "That's correct, Dice. She's over there. Standing next to Henchman." 

Dice looks to see Henchman. Henchman grins and says, "Hi, Mr. King Dice sir! Welcome back!" Dice says, "Y-yeah. Hey, Henchman." He looks over at you and his eyes widen. He sees you turn your head to face him. Your hair is flipping. He sees this in somewhat slow motion.

He's looking at you as if hearts are appearing around you. He whispers, "Wow.~" You approach them. You say, "You must be the one King Dice, huh?" He says, "Ahem. Y-yeah. I'm him..." He bows to you saying, "Madame." You say, "Hey. Come on, man. I'm not a queen, yet." The Devil says, "Whether or not you are my dear, you're still with me." 

Dice stands and faces you. You say, "So... Welcome back to life, Dice. Devil's told me all about you while you were... well, face it. You were actually gone." Dice says, "So he has, huh?" You say, "Yeah. And how he even took you in as his right-hand man before." 

Devil says, "Another thing to know about my fiancée, Dice... She actually happens to be the granddaughter of Cuphead." Dice looks at him and says, "What?" You say, "It's true." Dice says, "The cup has a grandchild? I-I mean I get it. I knew he had a child." You say, "You died in 1980, dude. I was eight years old when you died. You were gone for twelve years." 

Devil says, "(Y/N). Give me and Dice a moment, would you dear?" You say, "Sure." You look at Dice and you say, "Nice to meet you, Dice." He smirks and says, "A pleasure, miss." They walk off. Devil says, "I've got plans for you, Dice. You're back from the dead now, so we've got big plans ahead." 

Dice looks back to where you were and he looks at the Devil saying, "I gotta say, sir. Y-you really landed a hot one. She's a beauty." Devil says, "She is, isn't she? Want to know something, Dice? This woman has had quite a thing for me since she hit puberty. It was a secret she was hiding from everyone for several years until now. So, here's what I did to set her up. And I've waited for the right moment." 

He tells Dice everything and Dice says, "Wow. So, that was your plan for her? Looks like you were really waiting for her to grow and for you to claim her as your own. Sounds like you've been following her for a while without her noticing." Devil says, "That's right, Dice. I have. I knew this year would be the right moment. She's twenty." Dice looks back and whispers, "Real cutie.~" He follows the Devil elsewhere.