chapter 26

Tris' POV

" My name is Four, this is Six. We are going to train you guys." Tobias says.

" Four and Six, like the numbers?" Zack says.

"Yes, is there a problem?" I snap. Damn hormones.

"No. But why?" his curiosity is getting the best of him.

" None of your business initiate!" Tobias says.

We start walking towards the pit, the initiates following close behind.

"This is the pit, the center of life here at dauntless. You will learn to love it." I say, copying what tobias said in my initiation.

I look at him and he smirks. We next take the initiates to the chasm, my arm brushing tobias' arm as we walk.

I no longer feel a twinge of grief when I see the chasm, knowing that Al is alive. In fact, I even found out how he is alive! When he jumped into the water he hit a part of water without any rocks. When he woke up, he would get food early in the morning and late at night. He took shelter in some rocks in the chasm.

" This is the chasm. This teaches you that there is a fine line between bravery and idiocy. One jump will kill you, it has happened before and will happen again." tobias says, even though that is only partly true.

We move on to the cafeteria and dorms, then tell them to change and meet us in the cafeteria for lunch.

We start walking to the cafeteria when tobias pulls me into a random hallway.

He leans down and gives me a kiss full of love and passion. We only pull away to breath.

"What was that for?" I ask.

"I haven't been able to do that all day."

We just stare into each-others eyes for a few minutes, but are interrupted by the sound of footsteps. I here bits and pieces of the conversations being made by the new initiates.

"I think Four is hot!" A girl says.

"Really, well I think Six is hot!" A boy buts in.

"Six is already taken." another boy says.

"How do you know?"

"Because she told me the Mrs was correct when I called her mrs Connor; aka my last name." that must be Zack, because I said that to him.

They are getting closer so we are silent until they pass us unnoticed. We walk behind them silently, and right before we get into the cafeteria I yell,

"Hey smart-asses! Stop talking about us!" Most of them scream but others just jump.

Tobias shoos them into the cafeteria. When they walk in, the while cafeteria is looking in there direction. But when they see tobias and I walk in grinning, they looks away.

Today the tables all have hamburgers, like my first day. Once I sit down with tobias right next to me I hear uriah and Zeke blabbing about the party they are throwing for the initiates.

"Hey lovebirds! You coming to the party tonight at 6?" Uriah shouts louder then needed. The initiates from the next table over are staring at our table now.

Tobias looks at me and I shrug my shoulders.

"We'll go, just keep the dares simple for tris, don't want to hurt her or our little ten." tobias puts his his hand on my stomach in the end.

The initiates that were looking have looks of realization and shock on their faces. I give them a look, making sure they don't tell anyone. They nod and I turn back to our table.