Chapter 30

Tobias' POV
I wake up to the bed shuffling. I open my eyes and Tris is getting out of bed.

"Good morning." I say.

She jumps a little and turns around to look at me.

"You scared me tobias!" She says laughing.

I laugh and get up. Tris heads to the shower and I get dressed. while she gets dressed I make scrambled eggs for us.

She comes out as I am setting plates of scrambled eggs on the table. She has a black tank top, knife throwing pants, combat boots, mascara, and eyeliner on. Beautiful as always.

"Thanks." she says smiling. wait what?

"You thought out loud."

I nod my head and we eat. Talking about the initiates.

We finish and put our dishes in the sink.

I pick up a bandage from the counter that I got from the tattoo parlor. Her tank top shows all of her tattoos, so I got one to cover up abnegation.

She smiles and turns around as I put it on her shoulder, rubbing it so it stays on.

"I love you." I say and kiss her.

I bend down to her stomach and kiss it.

"I love you too. I can't wait to see you."

When I come back up, tris has tears in her eyes and a smile on her face. The crap? What's up with women crying and being happy at the same time, it messes with my mind!

"You are going to be such a great father. We love you too."

I kiss her one last time before we walk out and wake up the initiates.

We wake them up and head to the training room to set up the guns. Knife throwing is after lunch.

The initiates start filing in and once they are all here, we begin.

"Alright initiates! We are going to start with shooting a gun. Knife throwing will be after lunch." I yell.

"I will be showing you how to shoot a gun. Watch carefully because this is the only demonstration you'll get." tris yells.

She grabs a gun and goes to a target. she inhales. Aims. Exhales. Fires. Just like how I showed her.

Dead center.

The initiates all grab a gun and go to a target and start shooting.

Pavan is having trouble with shooting, just like tris in the beginning.

Tris goes up to her and puts her arms and feet in the right positions. she tries shooting and it hits the middle ring.

I watch the initiates that are all pretty good so far and stop at Zoë. Her elbows aren't locked so when she tries shooting, her body jolts up and the bullet hits the concrete ceiling but bounces back in another direction.

It starts to head towards tris.

"No!" I yell and run towards tris. I try to push her out of the way but I'm too late.

The bullet hits her in the side. Above the stomachs and below the chest.

She screeches and falls to the floor. No, no, no! This can't be happening!

I pick her up, tears stinging my eyes.

"Stay here!" I yell while running out the door.

I run and on the see Zeke.

"Zeke! Go take care of the transfers! Tris got shot!" I yell and he nods and runs off.

I run into the infirmiry and the doctors take her into surgery right away. leaving me here all alone to worry about tris and the baby.

All I. An think about right now is her and the baby. She was hit right above the stomach, but they could still both be seriously hurt.

I wait for about an hour, silently crying to myself, before christina comes running in with mascara stains on her cheeks.

"What happened?!" She asks.

I let out a sob and tell her the whole story.

We are now crying and the rest of the gang and Mrs.Prior are here.

"Zeke? Where are the initiates?" I ask.

"I left them in there dorms, said they had the rest of the day off."

I slightly nod and put my head in my hands. I cry into them a little but mostly ponder and pray that tris and the baby will be okay.

I feel a hand in my back and look up to see Shauna looking at me with sad eyes, trying to comfort me.

I give her a small smile and we all just sit in silence for an hour before a doctor comes in.

"Is there any family of Tris Prior that is here? I need a word with them." he says.

Mrs.Prior and I get up and walk towards him.

"Four, I'm very sorry but..."

--------------

CLIFFY! Sorry, I had to! It was the perfect timing since it was the end of the chapter. hehehe. Anyways please like and comment as you please. Love you initiates!