Chapter One: The Vanishing Of Will Byers

The five preteens were sitting in Mike Wheeler's basement, and all of their attention was focused on the campaign except for Gabrielle Jordan who was painting

The five preteens were sitting in Mike Wheeler's basement, and all of their attention was focused on the campaign except for Gabrielle Jordan who was painting. The boys had been playing for far too long ten hours and they weren't tired.

They sat around a Card table. A Grid map was spread out on the table before them, along with a nearly empty pizza box, canned Cokes, and the all-important DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS MONSTER MANUAL.

"Something is coming." Mike started as he looked at the three boys. "Something hungry for blood, a shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness," Mike said as the other boys lean forward.

"What is it?" Will exclaimed, obviously anxious to know what Mike was talking about. "

"What if it's the Demogorgon? We're in deep shit if it's the Demogorgon-" Dustin started

"If it's the Demogorgon then y'all are fucked." Gabby said as she painted, her character died, and she didn't want to just sit there and watch them.

"It's not the Demogorgon," Lucas responded looking at Dustin, Mike waits for them to settle down.

"An army of troglodytes charge into the Chamber!" Mike spoke slamming a piece down onto the board, Lucas smirked giving Dustin a pointed look.

"Troglodytes?!" Dustin yells

"Toldja," Lucus says with a smile laughing a little.

Mike looks over his shoulder. His eyes grow wide "Wait a minute." He muttered, "Did you hear that? That-that sound, boom...boom...BOOM!" He slammed his hand down on the table.

"That didn't come from the troglodytes." He continued "No, that came from something else." The three boys all looked at him, waiting for him to speak again, he slammed down the Demogorgon piece onto the board "the Demogorgon!" He spoke looking around the table.

"We're in deep shit!" Dustin explained.

"Will, your action!" Mike shouted as Will leaned forward Will swallowed. God, he wishes it wasn't his turn. "I don't know." He sighed.

Lucas looked hyped as he started to speak "Fireball him!" Lucus yelled

"I'd have to roll a 13 or higher," Will argued back.

"Too risky. Cast a protection spell " Dustin spoke looking at Will.

"Gabby?" Will asked making Gabby look up from her painting.

"Cast a protection spell you have to roll 13 or higher Will," Gabby said as she went back to the void so she could finish painting a girl that she didn't know all but she knew was that this girl was important.