Chapter Three: Holly Jolly

Nancy!

Nancy!

Gabby woke up with a loud gasp it was Barb's voice.

"Barbara!" Gabby said as she was breathing heavily it felt so real she couldn't breathe and couldn't help Barbara.

The next morning, Eleven sits on the couch in Mike's basement and fiddles with his radio, creating static. The boys and Gabby stand around the table.

"We just tell our parents we have AV Club after school," Mike says.

"That'll give us at least a few hours for Operation Mirkwood."

"What if we run into my dad? He said that he and Hopper were investigating more and today." Gabby asks nervously.

"We won't," Mike assures her. "We'll be careful they won't see us."

"You seriously think that the weirdo knows where Will is?" Lucas asks skeptically.

"Stop calling her that," Gabby said as she hit him.

"Just trust us on this, okay?" Mike says.

"Okay."

"Did you get the supplies?"

"Yeah," Lucas says, reaching into his backpack. He starts to pull out items and set them on the table.

"Binoculars from 'Nam. Army knife, also from 'Nam. Hammer, camouflage bandana, and....the wrist rocket!" Lucas holds up the slingshot excitedly while Gabby gave him an impressed look.

"You're gonna take out the Demogorgon with a slingshot?" Dustin asks incredulously.

"First of all, it's a wrist rocket," Lucas begins, "and second of all, the Demogorgon's not real. It's made up."

"I have been painting that thing for two days it has to be real," Gabby told him. The boys look at Gabby. "Never mind," she murmurs.

"That's not what I meant," Lucas says apologetically.

"But if there is something out there, I'm gonna shoot it in the eye-" He snaps the slingshot violently, and Dustin, Mike, and Gabby jump.

"-and blind it." Mike sighs heavily. "Dustin, what did you get?"