Chapter Three: The Case of The Missing Lifeguard

"Angel" was playing on the radio

"Angel" was playing on the radio. Max and Gabby sang along to the words and danced around El's bedroom.

"Full of wonder and surprise," Max and Gabby sang into their hairbrush using it as a microphone.

El looking through some magazines that Gabby brought along from her house. El was nodding her head to the music as she picked up another magazine.

Suddenly, Gabby looked to see that El was looking at a picture of Ralph Macchio.

Gabby and Max let out a little chuckle and Max said," Oh, you found Ralph Macchio."

"Macchio?" El says to her.

"Yeah," Max says, "He's the Karate Kid. Hai-yah!" Max did one of the karate moves from the movie and they all let out a laugh.

"He's so hot, right?" Gabby asked El as she sat next to her.

"I bet that he's an amazing kisser, too," Max says with a dreamy look in her eyes as Gabby nodded her head.

"Hey, uh, Gabby is Lucas a good kisser," Max asked with a smirk causing Gabby to look down and smile.

"Lucas is a phenomenal kisser," Gabby says causing them to giggle. Max sat down next to Gabby and looked at El and asked, "Hey, uh, is Mike a good kisser?"

"I don't know," El responded with a smile on her face, "He's my first boyfriend."

"Ex-boyfriend," Max corrected her. El gave a somewhat upset look and Max said, "Hey, don't worry about it. Okay."

"He'll come crawling back to you in no time I know Mike," Gabby tells her honestly, "Begging on his knees for forgiveness."

"I second that," Max says agreeing with me, "I guarantee you, him, Will and Lucas are, like, totally wallowing in self-pity and misery right now. They're like, 'Oh, I hope they take us back!" They all laughed.

"God, what I wouldn't give to see their stupid faces," Max tells them.

El and Gabby give each other a look and then Max said, "What is it?" Then El and Gabby gave her a big smile.

Max set up the room so that El and Gabby could spy on the boys. El and Gabby had their black cloth over their eyes and Max asked, "Is this really gonna work?" El and Gabby nodded their heads.

"Holy shit, this is insane!" Max says excitedly.

"Max."

"Yeah, quiet. I'm sorry."

"What's wrong with me? What did I do wrong?" Mike asked.

"Nothing."

"What did I do wrong? What could I have done wrong?" Mike asked Lucas again.

They were now in the void watching the boys, they could see Mike laying down with a bag of chips in his arms, Lucas pacing back and forth listening to Mike talk and Will was setting up the D&D board.