Chapter Four: The Sauna Test

It was still storming outside there was a clap of thunder

It was still storming outside there was a clap of thunder. El was in the bathroom brushing her teeth. Max and Gabby were sitting on Gabby's bed queen size bed, waiting for El to come out of the connected bathroom.

Max was looking through Gabby's comic book collection as El walked out of the bedroom.

"Which one?" Max asked El, showing her the Wonder Woman and Green Lantern comics. El got in bed next to Gabby and answered, "I don't know."

Gabby and Max could both tell that El was upset and Max said, "Hey, there's nothing to worry about anymore, okay?"

"It doesn't make sense," El tells them.

"What doesn't make sense?" Max asked.

"Heather," El says, "The blood. The ice."

"Heather had a fever, so she took a cold bath, but she's better now," Max says trying to calm El, "That has to be it."

"I don't know where the blood came from, but we saw her," Max says to them, "We all saw her. She's totally fine,"

'What about Billy?" Gabby asked.

"What about him?"

"He seemed wrong," Gabby says.

Max gave a small laugh and said, "Wrong is kind of his default. But it's nice to know he's not a murderer because that would've totally sucked."

El smiled at that then looked at the Wonder Woman comic, "Who is that?"

"See, this is why you can't just hang out with Mike all the time," Max tells her.

"Agreed," Gabby says with a smile, "Comics are the best, you've missed out on a lot."

Max grabbed the comic and said, "This is Wonder Woman."

"AKA Princess Diana," Gabby added in as El laid her head on her shoulder.

Max smiled at Gabby then continued, "She's from Paradise Island, which is, like, this hidden island where there are only women Amazon warriors."

"