Chapter Six: The Nina Project

Everybody was left to sleep in the Wheeler's basement again, Gabby and Lucas went to sleep in the makeshift bed they'd made on the floor, she had her head rested on his chest whilst he had his arm around her

Gabby woke up first to the sound of Eddie yelling for Dustin, looking around she saw Nancy shoot up and grab the walkie before she rested her head back down onto Lucas's shoulder in an attempt to fall back to sleep.

"Hey, Gab?" Nancy whispered.

"Mhm?"

"Where's Max? Weren't you on Max duty?" she asked, causing Gabby's eyes to snap open, and sit up, she looked over to the now empty couch.

"Me and Lucas were but Dustin was supposed to be watching over her now," Gabby said just as Nancy went over to Dustin and shoved him awake.

"Let's check upstairs," Gabby said, Nancy nodded and grabbed Dustin. "Let's go."

They rushed upstairs, once they got into the kitchen they noticed Max at the table with her headphones in coloring with baby Holly. Nancy and Gabby let out a sigh of relief.

"Good morning guys." Mrs. Wheeler said as she stood at the stove cooking breakfast.

"Everything okay?" Mrs. Wheeler asked.

Nancy sighed. "Yeah. Yeah, everything's okay." Max turned to them and smiled at the three of them.

"I think it's so sweet that you guys are sticking together like this." Mrs. Wheeler smiled.

Mr. Wheeler didn't seem excited about that. "Could try sticking together at a different house for a change." Dustin and Gabby raised their brows at him.

"You two know you're welcome here anytime." Mrs.Wheeler reassured Dustin and Gabby.

Gabby smiled sweetly at her before following Nancy, Gabby sat down next to Max and she looked at her drawing, they seemed familiar.

"Hey." Max greeted as she pulled one out from the pile and Max took off her headphones to speak to them.

Not responding Gabby had the feeling of deja vu hit her as she continued looking at the drawing before turning her attention to Max.

"Hey. You okay?" Nancy asked.

Max shrugged. "Just couldn't sleep. People kept blasting music in my ears, for some reason." Aiming the comment towards Gabby as she and Nancy chuckled.

"But Holly let me borrow some of her crayons. We've been having fun, right, Holly?" Max asked her but she was more interested her drawing just Max an "Mm-hmm"

"Is this what you saw last night?" Nancy asked as she touched the drawers scattered across the table.

"I mean, it's supposed to be. I thought it'd be easier to draw it out than to explain it, but... not so much."