Chapter Six: The Monster

The next morning Gabby looked over to Lucas's house with sadness as she walked past his house to get to Mike's, Dustin rode his bike beside her as they made it to the driveway they immediately head for the basement

Mike sighs heavily. "I just...I can't believe she didn't come back."

"Me neither." Gabby sighs. "I just hope she's okay. I've been trying to talk to her, but she closed herself off from me."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Mike asks while he pauses his pacing.

"I'm also a telepath me and El can talk our minds just like with you guys with you guys and I can feel when you y'all are in distress or hurt," Gabby says.

"Wow, do me," Dustin says with a smile.

Hi, Dusty!

Hi Gabby!

"That was so cool did you hear me say hi back?"  Dustin asked Gabby nodded.

"She's gotta be close," Dustin says getting back on topic.

"She said it wasn't safe," Mike says, continuing his pacing. "She just messed up the compasses because she wanted to protect us. She didn't betray us."

"Of course, she didn't," Gabby say. "She has helped us find Will, helped us find out that he's still alive. She wouldn't just betray us now?"

"Both of you, calm down," Dustin says.

"I shouldn't have yelled at her," Mike goes on. "I never should've done that."

"You shouldn't, she was just trying to protect us," Gabby says.

"Mike, this isn't your fault," Dustin insists.

"Yeah, it's Lucas'" Mike says.

"It wasn't his fault, either," Dustin says. Mike stopped pacing.

"It wasn't his fault?" Mike repeats.

"No," Dustin replies firmly.

"So you're saying he wasn't way out of line?"
Mike asks.

"Totally, but so were you and a little bit of Gabby!" Dustin points out causing her to look at him in shock.

"What?" She says looking at him.

"And so was Eleven," Dustin adds.

"Oh, give me a break," Mike snaps.

"No, you give me a break, Mike," Dustin yells, walking up to Mike. "All three of you were being a bunch of little assholes! I was the only reasonable one with a little bit of Gabby. But the bottom line is, you pushed first." He points at Mike. "And you know the rule. You draw first blood--"

"No!" Mike yells. "No way! I'm not shaking his hand."

"You're shaking his hand," Dustin insists.

"No, I'm not," Mike argues.