Chapter Ten: The Piggyback

Making sure to take their shoes off to make less noise Gabby and Max walked around the attic with their lanterns

Lucas and Erica came into the room and showed them the paper reading it she had written that she found Vecna and they went to the room where he was. As they made it to the room the lights on their lanterns buzzed loudly.

Max looked back at the three and Erica uncapped her marker and wrote "Phase one?" Gabby nodded and Erica walked away to contact Nancy at the playground.

The three continued to wait you could hear Running Up That Hill" playing faintly through Max's headphones. Max decided to write a note to Gabby and Lucas as they waited for the signal to start the next phase. She wrote "Hi"

Writing on her paper Gabby wrote back "Hi Maxy!" With a smiley face, making Max smile at Gabby.

"I'm glad you two are here." She showed them making the couple smile.

"Us Too!" Lucas wrote the three smiled at each other before Gabby started writing on her paper.

"Movie night sleepover Friday at my house?" Gabby wrote and showed Max with a smile.

Max rolled her eyes and started writing when they tried to look at what she was writing she pulled it away so they couldn't see. Turing the notepad around it was just a drawing of Max and Gabby with popcorn sitting on the couch.

Lucas feeling left out and turned his notepad around so they could see it say, "Can I come?"

Max and Gabby looked at each other with a smile before both going to write on their notepad they both turned it to Lucas so that he could see that they both wrote "No!"

Making him look at them in disbelief as they laughed silently but it was short-lived as they saw blinking lights shine into the house. The three looked through the broken window and saw Erica giving them the signal to start the next phase.

Lucas shined the light back to Erica giving her signal that they copied and they would be moving into phase two: Max distracting Vecna.

Sitting on the steps Max tied her shoes before grabbing her lantern and they headed back to the room where Vecna was in. The lantern in the middle of the room buzzed rhythmically.

Max looked back at Gabby and Lucas and with a sigh, Max took off her headphones and clicked the tape off stopping the music.

"Hey! asshоlе!" Max yelled. "I'm here. No more music. No more games. Do you hear me?"

"What are you waiting for, huh? Come on! Do you want me or not?" Max questioned.

Gabby wiped her tears as Lucas wrapped his arm around her as they watched Max. The lantern buzzed before fading and the three followed the sound of the buzzing noise.