Chapter 11

Isabelle's POV
————————————————————
'Tommy. Tommys like the big brother I never had. We're close in age and is fun to talk to. He was welcoming and took me under his wing and I will be forever grateful for him.
Vince is... Vince. He's a sweet-talker. He tells you want you want to hear and gets you wrapped around his finger. And i'm a sucker for that kind of thing so he's already got me trapped.
Nikki's sweet. He looks like this disinterested, cold hearted, badass kind of guy but I bet he's a big teddy bear if someone actually gave him the chance. But he's a closed book, im either 100% right about him or he's actually a huge asshole who will fool you with his secret charm.
Want a backstory? No? Me neither but here it is. I'll make it quick:
• B-Day: April 18, 1963 (18)
• Birthplace: Montana
• Previously lives in Idaho & Oregon
• Want to live in Wyoming or Wisconsin
• No mom. Drunken dad.
• Want a cat, name it Sam
• Can't afford college
• Dropped out of high school, moved to LA
• Currently living with a bunch of dudes in a club band
     See! It was quick! Did I also mention I low-key wanna get with every one of those dudes in the club band? Yeah. Pretty fucked right? You can't blame me though. If you lived with these guys you would too. All I have to do is not... feel. That shouldn't be a problem, I did that my whole childhood. Plus I think these guys do drugs, never really was my scene.'
After all my thinking I eventually drift off to sleep. I see this beautiful sunset in between the mountains. The suns rays reflect onto the still lake below. I found it. My happy place. I grab the fishing pole next to me and make my first cast. Sitting on the rocky shore line and casting away I see a little baby kitten crying from about 100 feet away. I set the pole down and lightly jog over to help. The kitten slowly retreats before letting me get near. I slowly bend down to grab the little guy when hands grab my head and mouth. "No! No" I try to scream but it's muffled. "Let go!" I try to say again. He drags me away from the kitten with a tight grip still over my mouth. I kick, scream, and cry "somebody please help me!" I struggle and struggle but no one could hear me. "Nikki please help me!" A door slammed shut.
     "Nikki!" I whisper as I shot up out of my sleep. "fuck. what time is it." I look over to my clock rubbing my head. 1:32. "God I was only out for 2 hours? There's no way I can go back to sleep now." I get up off my bed and kick on my slippers. I open my door as quietly as I can, not wanting to wake anyone. I walk over to Nikki's door and peek my head in. I see a ball of black hair buried in a pillow and leg hanging of the side of his bed. I smile to myself at the sight. I try to quietly close the door but when I took a step back, the floor made a loud creak, causing Nikki to wake.
     "Hello?" He says in a raspy voice.
     "Sorry Nikki. Didn't mean to wake you. I was just leaving" I go to close the door.
     "Wait!" I poke my head back in. "What's up? what do you need"
     "Oh it's nothing. Nevermind, you can just go back to sleep."
     "No, come here" He turns on his lamp and I step into his room and close his door lightly with my back to it. He sits shirtless on his forearms and he motions his hand for me to come closer. I slowly take a few steps closer to his bed. "Come on. You don't have to be scared, I don't bite. Unless you want me to" He said with a dumb smirk. I smile at his statement and walk around to the other side of the bed. I take a seat on the very edge and turn my body towards Nikki. "You seriously need to learn to get comfortable in places. You look like you're about to fall off the damn thing. Here." He practically picks me up and lays me down on my back.
     He laid back down on his back and pulled the blankets over me. "Thanks." I said pulling them up a little higher. He rest his hands under his head. I turn my head to look at him but quickly turn back when i see him look at me in the corner of his eye.
     "So what are you doing up this late"
     "I just couldn't sleep. Had a bad dream."
     "Was he back?"
     "I- I guess. I don't really know..."
     "What happened?"
     "I don't really wanna talk about it" I say turning my head towards the wall.
     "Ok that's cool. So... whatcha wanna do" I lightly scoff not knowing what i'm even doing here.
     "I really just want to sleep but I can't so i'm still figuring that one out" Nikki then turns his body towards me and rest himself on his arm. I then turn my body facing him resting my head on my hand and smiling
     "Wanna play 21 questions?" He said with an "innocent" smirk
"Oh the kind of 21 questions when the first two are normal but the third you ask me what bra size I am or the guessing game kind?"
Nikki looks down smiling then back up "I guess we'll see based on your answers then."
I look down then back up as well "you go first"
"Ok... what's your favorite color?"
"Red. What's your favorite col-" I was quickly cut off
"pineapple- what's your bra size" he said quickly and smirking.
"Nikki!" I laugh and playful hit his shoulder.
"I'm just messing with ya." He says smiling. "Seriously though. My favorite color is black"
"Hmm would have never guessed" I say sarcastically
     "Ok ok.. Who's your favorite"
     "Favorite who?"
     "Favorite roommate"
————————————————————

Hey y'all! Sorry for the shorter chapter and for the late update, I was on vacation for my cousin's wedding! Hope everyone's enjoying the story so far and if anyone has any suggestions/recommendations feel free to message me and leave comments!