Chapter 41

Nikki's POV
————————————————————
"I'm sorry, what?"
"I talked to my Nona. We are going to see them for Christmas." I said.
"Wha- I don't even know where they live! Do they even know you're bringing someone? Do they even know who I am?" She rambled.
"Hey hey calm down. Yes, they know I'm bringing someone, and yes they know who you are. Nona is very excited to meet you." I smile.
"Where do they live?"
Shit. "Uhh, up north.." I scratch my head.
"In California? Are we going to drive up?"
"No, not exactly. Plus the drive is pretty long but it's doable in a day. And we don't have money for plane tickets."
"So where are we going?"
Shit shit. "Umm, Idaho." I take a swing of my beer.
"Oh god.. please tell me you're not trying to find my father and make us reunite"
"No! No.. they seriously live there."
"Good. Because I don't think he'd even go back to living there." she wipes her forehead in relief. "What town?"
I stop in my tracks and turn around slowly. Shit shit shit. "Near twin falls." I blurt out. "How about you get dressed and I'll take you out to lunch. And we'll pick up the guys too." So you don't ask more questions about Idaho. I roll my eyes in secret. "Let's roll baby!"

I take her and Tommy to this little cheap restaurant that would pass as a dingy bar if it weren't a brunch place. "So what's new in the Zoo?" Tommy asks.
"Not a whole lots changed since the last 10 hours. May have sobered up a little bit but I don't intend for that to last too long."
"Nikki told me we're going to his grandparents in Idaho for Christmas!" She brings up.
God dammit! Now Tommy's going to spill the beans! I shoot Tommy a look and subtly shake my head no in hopes he gets the memo that I haven't told her we're from the same place. FUCK- MY GRANDPARENTS ARE GOING TO CALL ME FRANKIE AND SHE DOESN'T KNOW ABOUT THAT EITHER! I am so fucked.
"Woooow, Idaho huh?" Tommy comments. Shut. The. Fuck. Up.
"Yeah, it's quite a step for us" She hits my arm making me snap out of it.
"Huh- oh yeah. I'm excited." Here come the lies.
"Now Iz, didn't you say you're from Idaho?"
Dumb-ass. Dumb-ass. I hit my forehead with my fist.
"Well, I only lived there for a short time. Nothing too special."
"Huuuh" Tommy said, clearly trying to piss me off.
"Hey T-bone, why don't we change the subject?"
"Whatever you say, man." He defended.

After lunch, we went to Kmart. Isabelle got caught up in the clothing section, so Tommy and I browsed. "You really had to be an ass back there huh?"
"Just trying to see what she knows." He kept walking.
I grab his shoulder and pull him back "She doesn't know shit so you need to keep your fucking mouth shut!" I say roughly causing some shoppers to look at us on their way by. "Keep walking lady!" Bitch.
"Why haven't you told her anything? Does she even know you're bringing her back to one of her hometowns?"
"I said by Twin Falls! So I'm not technically lying."
"No, but you're technically an asshole!" Tommy said back.
"And you're technically getting on my last nerve!"
"You gotta tell her man. Everything." He walked away from me down the aisle.
"Fuck you" I said under my breath. "Isabelle! Where are youuuuu?" I started to look for her.
"Hey babe!" She said, calling me over to... the baby aisle?
"Uhh is there something you want to tell me? Cause this a really bad way of doing that..."
"Nooo, calm down. I just want these baby puff snack thingies."
"Why? That's literally baby food!"
"Healthy little snack!" She smiled walking away. That girl is something.
"Hey wait up!" I shouted.

I pulled the car up to the house after dropping Tommy off and Isabelle walked up to the house with her head down and eyes covered, even though she had sunglasses on and it was cloudy. When I walked into the house she was nowhere in sight. "Isabelle?" When there was no response I looked around and noticed a light coming from the closed bathroom door. "Iz? Hunny?" I knocked on the door.
Coughing through her words she said, "I'll be out in a second!" The sink then turned on and I can hear her brushing her teeth. I leaned my body against the door and waited for her to come out.
"Shit!" I screamed as I fell back and was caught in Isabelle's arms. "Guess I literally fell for you huh?"
"Oh shut up!" She smiled, getting me back to balance.
"What's up, babe?" I smirked and leaned up against the door frame as if I was trying to pick her up.
"You look like a douchebag" She shook her head.
"And you look gorgeous"
"Whatever" she says pushing past me
"Hey" I grabbed her arm "Are you ok?"
"Yeah, I'm fine, why?"
"You sounded sick in there, just want to make sure you're ok."
"Yeah. I think I just had some bad food. It's all good." She walked away and shut the door to the bedroom. You smell that? Smells like a bunch of BULLSHIT!
I open the bedroom room door and see her head buried in a pillow. I decide to do my boyfriend-ly duties and pull her by her feet off the bed. "Wakey wakey, your life's at stake-y!"
"Was the really necessary?" She said sitting up.
"Absolutely. Now, tell me what's really going on and I let you nap."
"What's really going on about what?" she sighs
"Were you throwing up in the bathroom..."
"I had something bad at lunch. That's it, baby, I promise." She said softly and rubbed my leg.
I sigh in doubt. "Ok."
"Hey, how about we go dancing tonight!" She said changing the subject.
"I thought you had work tonight?"
"Oh shit, you're right.."
"Plus I was going to go into the studio and finalize some things. Albums out soon."
"Oh.. ok then. Maybe after you're done you can stop by! Little post-studio lap dance" she shimmied on my shoulder.
"I'll stop by. Don't worry."
"Ok, Im going to rest for now before I leave."
"Sleep tight baby, I love you" I kiss her lips and leave her to rest. Time to figure out what the fuck to tell her now.
————————————————————